Paypal IPN Verification Postback to HTTPS

• Maria Davis
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #82300 by Maria Davis
Paypal IPN Verification Postback to HTTPS was created by Maria Davis
I have received several emails from Paypal advising me to update my code to use HTTPS when sending Postback messages to Paypal. This obviously refers to the JoomDonation installed in my server, since it is the only payment I have that is connected to Paypal. Is there something I have to specifically do to be compatible with Paypal's new security system? I am sure you have heard about it... They are saying nothing will work if I don't do this update by June 30th. Help please!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #82315 by Scott Pearson
Replied by Scott Pearson on topic Paypal IPN Verification Postback to HTTPS
Actually, the email that I received states June 30th, "2017". (not 2016)

• Maria Davis
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #82317 by Maria Davis
Replied by Maria Davis on topic Paypal IPN Verification Postback to HTTPS
Yes, it is 2017. They prolongued the deadline. Do you know if we have to install a SSL Certificate or do we need a certain paypal plugin to make this compatible with whatever they are doing at Paypal with all this?
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Maria Davis.

More
7 years 9 months ago #82319 by Scott Pearson
Replied by Scott Pearson on topic Paypal IPN Verification Postback to HTTPS
Maria, I am certain that Tuan will comment on this when he has time. I know he just became a father (not sure if first time or again?) recently, which it sounds like he's been pulling triple duty lately. I'm sure you're interested in getting the facts, just as I am. :)

Fortunately, this requirement from PayPal not immediate, so I feel comfortable being patient, and checking back here. I just received an email that you commented here, so I know that any future communication will make it to my email inbox. Thanks for posting this, it is important and better to get it on the discussion board here.

• Maria Davis
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #82320 by Maria Davis
Well tell Tuan congratulations on the new baby. I can surely wait. They extended the date... I am glad abou that... it was supposed to take effect this September 2016. I am trying to figure out if I will have to purchase a Ssl certificate and Paypal's instructuions are not clear to me. I have no idea what they mean. Thanks for responding so soon. We'll keep in touch. We got time.:)

More
7 years 9 months ago #82322 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Paypal IPN Verification Postback to HTTPS
To be more clear:

1. The changes to Joom Donation (and our other extensions) will only needed from June 2017. We don't change the IPN url (to the new URL requested by PayPal for now) because we are worry that their new system might not work well yet. Maybe we will perform the changes to all our extensions on May 2017

2. You don't need to get SSL certificate to use PayPal Payment standard (which you are using). It is not needed even after June 2017

Regards,

Tuan

• Maria Davis
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #82343 by Maria Davis
Thank you Tuan! Good to know! Congrats on your new baby! Enjoy those precious moments and take lots of photos... they grow too fast!

More
7 years 1 month ago #94485 by Cory S
Replied by Cory S on topic Paypal IPN Verification Postback to HTTPS
Tuan, just to confirm I understand what's going to happen. You will be releasing a new version of Events Booking in May 2017 that will address the PayPal IPN Verification Postback issue.

By waiting until May, you assume that the PayPal API will be more stable, so that you can switch to using it. As such, when it is released in May, it will have been fully tested against PayPal and we can assume there should be no issues. With only 1 month between your release in May and the cut-over in June, there isn't a lot of time to catch and fix any issues. My preference would be to have a bit more time before the June deadline.

Thanks,
Cory

More
6 years 9 months ago #100424 by Dan Danch
Replied by Dan Danch on topic Paypal IPN Verification Postback to HTTPS
Hey All --

I just wanted to revive this thread from the dead and hope that maybe you guys will notice. I had followed this issue and came back now to get info from Tuan on a new thread I created. I was surprised when I came back that no one else had talked about the IPN update. So anyway, just wanted to link out to the new thread with Tuan just now. If anyone has any comments on this feel free to add them, I would be curious to read.

New thread: www.joomdonation.com/forum/membership-pr...to-https.html#100423

Thanks!
-Dan

More
6 years 8 months ago #100483 by Mr. Dam
Replied by Mr. Dam on topic Paypal IPN Verification Postback to HTTPS
Hi Dan,
The Paypal IPN message in Joom Donation will still work normally without any problem.
Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt