Cannot create template overrides

More
8 years 7 months ago #67888 by Amy
When I try to create a template override the directories get made but not files are copied over. How can I fix this?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #67896 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Cannot create template overrides
Hi Amy

How did you create the template override ? Usually, you will need to create folder and upload the files manually via FTP. Maybe you did it in a different way and that's the reason it doesn't work?

Regards,

Tuan

More
8 years 7 months ago #67934 by Amy
Replied by Amy on topic Cannot create template overrides
From within Joomla 3 in the Template Manager under Extensions. If you click on the Template name in the template column (not the style column) it takes you to where you can customize your template and create overrides, etc... This is how I usually create my overrides. It is easier than trying to figure out which files I need to manual copy over.

BTW what is the admin user name and password of the demo site? I wanted to check out the radio buttons custom fields. Mine are not lining up properly.

Thanks

More
8 years 7 months ago #67948 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Cannot create template overrides
Hi Amy

To be honest, I don't use that method from Joomla core, so I don't know how it works. You can follow the instructions at docs.joomla.org/How_to_override_the_outp...rom_the_Joomla!_core to create the override.

If you need help, I am available to assist.

For demo site, I am sorry. I could not give you access because I don't want customers to change the demo data which we prepared. In case you have question, just ask and I will be happy to help

Regards,

Tuan

More
8 years 7 months ago #68042 by Kathy
Replied by Kathy on topic Cannot create template overrides
I also would like to be able to use this functionality. See docs.joomla.org/J3.x:How_to_use_the_Temp...r#Creating_Overrides

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt