Different Fields on Different Forms

• spitjack
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 8 months ago #66475 by spitjack
Different Fields on Different Forms was created by spitjack
I have created a nifty, one-line one-time donation form for friction-free quick donations.

Now we want to expand the program to a membership page where we also accept annual and recurring donations - and on that form we want to show more fields. Is there a way to do this (other than the mind-numbing task of trying to turn off fields by their unique identifier in css)? I didn't see a way to do this in the config panel - ie, decide which campaigns or forms particular fields appear on.

__
a 'spit' is a rod upon which savory food was roasted, turned in ancient times by a 'jack', a middle English word for an ordinary laborer (eg jack of all trades, steeplejack, lumberjack). Today, this job is usually referred to as a 'pitmaster'.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #66476 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Different Fields on Different Forms
Hi

I think you can go to Joom Donation -> Configuration, find the config option Custom Fields by Campaign, set it to Yes

After that, when you edit a custom field. you will be able to choose the campaign it is associated to. It should solve your issue

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: spitjack

• spitjack
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 8 months ago #66485 by spitjack
Replied by spitjack on topic Different Fields on Different Forms
Thanks...as always. You've thought of everything.

__
a 'spit' is a rod upon which savory food was roasted, turned in ancient times by a 'jack', a middle English word for an ordinary laborer (eg jack of all trades, steeplejack, lumberjack). Today, this job is usually referred to as a 'pitmaster'.

More
8 years 5 months ago #69689 by Patrick Toulze
Replied by Patrick Toulze on topic Different Fields on Different Forms
I need to have different fields on different donation forms, but they are not “Campaign” they are Time unlimited donation forms.
One is a simple donation forms, the other one is a membership with different level of contribution plus the capacity to add a donation with a different set of custom and included fields.

How To?

More
8 years 5 months ago #69710 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Different Fields on Different Forms
Hi Patrick

If you don't use campaign feature, there is no way to setup different forms like you said. With your requirement, maybe our Payment Form extension meets it better. If you want, we can switch your order to Payment Form so that you can give it a try

Tuan

More
8 years 5 months ago #69718 by Patrick Toulze
Replied by Patrick Toulze on topic Different Fields on Different Forms
Do you think I can use the campaign as a yearly donation events (or even longer), any way, I think it will be better as they need to declare those amount every year for taxes. I think It somewhat transparent for the donors?
What do you think?

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt