Custom fields for different campaigns

More
8 years 11 months ago #63119 by David
I need custom fields that change depending on the campaign, the same for emails that are sent to donators.

For example we have a normal donation form which anyone can donate to our regular running costs.

We currently are running a "one off" campaign for people to donate to a special cause, all i need are about 3 fields for this, not all the fields that appear on the normal donation form. Is there any way to change this on a per campaign basis?

For example, here is a campaign that we are running:
animalsanctuary.org.uk/component/jdonati...nation&campaign_id=3

I only basically need the donators name and their suggested name for the Badger, if that makes sense!

Thanks! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #63151 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Custom fields for different campaigns
Hi David

I think it is custom field by campaigns feature in Joom Donation. To use this feature:

1. Go to Joom Donation -> Configuration, find the config option "Custom Fields by Campaign", set it to Yes

2. Then go to Joom Donation-> Custom Fields, edit the custom fields and choose the campaign you want it to be assigned to

Please try that. I hope it will work for you

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: David

More
8 years 10 months ago #63160 by David
Replied by David on topic Custom fields for different campaigns
Thank you for that ! It worked great! :)
Last question, is it possible to create a campaign with a FIXED donation amount?

More
8 years 10 months ago #63170 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Fixed donation amount ? How it will work ?

Tuan

More
8 years 10 months ago #63189 by David
Replied by David on topic Custom fields for different campaigns
Look here:
animalsanctuary.org.uk/component/jdonati...nation&campaign_id=3

We want people to donate £5 in order to guess the name. So I would like this campaign to have a FIXED £5 donation instead of giving them the option to choose their own amount.

Thanks! :)

More
8 years 10 months ago #63195 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi David

Unfortunately, the extension doesn't have a way to control it at the moment. Maybe you can try this workaround:

1. Go to Joom Donation -> Configuration, find the config option Amount By Campaigns, set it to Yes

2. Then each campaign, enter the pre-defined amounts you want (each amount one line). For this specific campaign, you just need to have a predefined amount 5.

3. Then when users access to donation form for this campaign, they can choose from predefined amount 5) or enter the custom amount you want.

It is not perfect, but it solves part of the issue

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt