Set start date with Authorize.net recurring

• brianpeat
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 4 months ago #54022 by brianpeat
Is there a way to let the user set the start date by choosing from a selection? If not, could I get a price on a customization for this?

What I'd like to see is:
#1 in the back end, we choose to display certain days (all or some). So we could set it up to show the option for the 1st, 5th, 15th 20th.
#2 in the front end, the user then chooses Recurring and chooses one of those dates from a drop down that says "Date you want the payment to occur each month" or something like that.
I guess this would only be needed if they choose Monthly as the type.

Then this would be carried over to Authorize.net (using the API I assume) so that the start date is registered in Authorize.net correctly.

Is this something that can be done?

thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #54045 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Set start date with Authorize.net recurring
Hi Brian

We don't have support for this feature by default. So it will need some customization and you will need to pay for it. I think the price would be 80$ for this customization

Regards,

Tuan

• brianpeat
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 4 months ago #54091 by brianpeat
Replied by brianpeat on topic Set start date with Authorize.net recurring
Tuan,

I'll check on our budget, but we will probably pay to have you do this. But I wanted to know, if we pay for this, would you be willing to put that feature back into your public release? That way others can benefit from it and we won't accidentally overwrite the custom changes if we upgrade the component later on.

More
9 years 4 months ago #54115 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Brian

I will think about it. However, I am afraid of it could not be a standard feature in the extension. So if you decide to go with the extension, you might have to maintain it yourself

Regards,

Tuan

• brianpeat
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #54528 by brianpeat
Is there a way you could document your changes to the file then so that we know what was changed? I suppose we could do our own scans of the files and see what's different ourselves.

Anyway, I'm still working on approval for this, but they just sent me their final requirements and they want to be able to choose the date in the component settings and NOT offer options to the end users. That means they'd check a box in the admin (probably in the Authorize.net plugin) that says "Set the start date for recurring transatctions" and then below that would be a date picker where we can choose a date. We'd set that to the 5th of the month.

Then when anyone makes a recurring gift using authorize.net, it would send that date to authorize.net and set their start date to the 5th.

The only issue I think needs to be addresses is, Would it charge them the first payment right away and then wait until the 5th to do it again? I'm not exactly how authorize.net would handle that. Do you know how it gets handled?

thanks!

More
9 years 3 months ago #54546 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Brian

Authorize.net allows us to set the recurring payment start date, so don't worry about it

However, if you set recurring start date to 5th for example, and users make a donation on 6th, the start date will be in the 5th of next month ?

Tuan

• brianpeat
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #54869 by brianpeat
Okay, we want to go ahead with this. I'm out of town, so I need to see if I can secure payment to you. Obviously don't start until it's paid for. It could be as late as Monday before I can get you payment.

We're fine with it not charging the donor until the next month if they fill out the form the day AFTER the cutoff.

So, what I need is a modification to the Authorize.net plugin that lets us check a box that says "Assign Start day to recurring donations" and then a field that lets us enter the number of the day (we've decided to put in the 21st). I have no idea what authorize.net does if you put in something high like the 31st which doesn't exist in every month, so if you DO end up adding this to your commercial release, I'd cap it at the 28th with a notice if someone tries to put anything higher in the field.

Then the start date would be entered into authroize.net for the recurring entry and the user would be charged on the 21st of each month.

Does that make sense?

• brianpeat
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #55889 by brianpeat
You're off line on skype but I wanted to add one more thing to this. I'm not sure if it'll change the cost but is there a way you could do this so that the user can choose from dates we want to display to them.

So instead of us hard coding one date in the plugin, can we instead enter several dates in the plugin, say the 5th and the 21st, and then let the user choose from one of those (with radio buttons or a drop menu, which ever is easier). So they can't choose just ANY date, they can only choose from the dates we've entered into the plugin.

Then once they make that choice, you pass that chosen date to Authorize.net?

does that make sense?

Edit: I just realized that my original request had this in it. So again, we don't need them to choose from ALL dates in a month, but we DO want to be able to choose to give them a FEW date options, such as the 5th and the 21st.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by brianpeat.

More
9 years 2 months ago #56277 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Brian

Please talk to me when you are available today so that we can update the modification to your site and get it completed.

Tuan

More
8 years 8 months ago #66645 by CHM
Hi Tuan,
I would be interested in this feature as well were we could allow users to select the recurring payment date from a few date options.

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt