• safeworld4women
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
9 years 4 months ago #53956 by safeworld4women
Installing Captcha on v3.6 was created by safeworld4women
Hi Tuan
A while back I explored upgrading from our current version of Joom Donation (3.6) to the latest version.
And mentioned errors that were occurring.
Because there were several issues at the time I decided not to go ahead on our live website.
Last week I made another attempt at upgrading on our test site offline and there are still problems.
One issue is that the Custom Fields are no longer working and also we would need to change all the Campaign descriptions.
So we need to remain with the version we are using as we do not have the time to change all our current Campaigns and the way they are formatted and displayed on the website.
But I need to know if it is possible to install the Captcha on 3.6?

Andrew

I am the Operations Director and lead Developer for The Safeworld International Foundation - an award winning international Non-profit working for women's empowerment.
I also design websites for non-profit organisations and small ethical businesses.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #53976 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Installing Captcha on v3.6
Hi

1=> You should not use version 3.6. You should use 3.8 (latest version of Joom Donation).

2=> If you want, we can help you to upgrade your site to Joom Donation 3.8 during the weekend.

3=> Captcha is a Joomla core plugin, so it works with Joom Donation v 3.6+ .

Regards,

Tuan

• safeworld4women
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
9 years 4 months ago #54001 by safeworld4women
Replied by safeworld4women on topic Installing Captcha on v3.6
Hi Tuan
Yes I know it would be best to upgrade to 3.8
Our problem is that we have 8 campaigns running - see 7 of them here
www.asafeworldforwomen.org/appeals.html
And it is not a good time of year to upgrade them.
Essentially upgrading them means having to move the description part of the Campaigns to the new 'Campaign Description' field. And that takes a while to do for each one to make sure our custom css coding stays intact!
I have tried an upgrade offline and can see the problems that arise so am very cautious.
So the upgrade will best wait until after our Christmas giving season.
In the meantime I will try the Captcha on the current campaigns in 3.6
We are getting a lot of 'false donation attempts' happening - so need to try and prevent this with the Captcha

Best

Andrew

I am the Operations Director and lead Developer for The Safeworld International Foundation - an award winning international Non-profit working for women's empowerment.
I also design websites for non-profit organisations and small ethical businesses.

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt