Message custom field-type doesn't display on form

• azurelink
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #50925 by azurelink
I set up a Message custom field type in JD 3.8 but it doesn't show up in my form. The Joom Donation instructions don't have any detailed information or examples regarding the purpose of each field-type or how to set them up.

Can you please advise? I assume the Message field-type will allow me to put a text message between other form fields.

Thanks

*** SOLUTION CHEAT: Put the message text into the "Description" text field. ***
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by azurelink. Reason: Changed topic icon to green checkmark.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #50956 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Message custom field-type doesn't display on form
Hi

Could you please send me the link to the page so that I can look at it? The message custom field type should be displayed. If not, then it is a bug in the extension

Regards,

Tuan

• azurelink
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #50982 by azurelink
Hi Tuan,

I just texted you the link via Skype chat. Please take a look at your earliest convenience.
This issue relates to another forum post titled " Custom field radio set displays with bullets. " It is the text which I want to display below that radio set.

Thanks

More
9 years 6 months ago #51148 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Message custom field-type doesn't display on form
My dev checked it on our local computer and see that the field is displayed properly. So maybe it is something wrong with the settings on the site? Could we talk on Skype today to check and solve the issue?

Tuan

• azurelink
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #51161 by azurelink
I figured out the problem. I was putting the message text into the Default Values field, but it needs to go into the Description text field.

It would be helpful if you could provide instructions for properly setting up each custom field type. Solving those little configuration issues are a big waste of time.

More
9 years 6 months ago #51201 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Yes. The message custom field type use description of the custom field as the message (agree that it seems to be inlogical). I will try to update the documentation with this information ASAP

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt