Custom field radio set displays with bullets

• azurelink
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #50908 by azurelink
In Joom Donation 3.8 my radio button custom fieldset is displaying within unordered list items with bullets, and the text has lots of space in it. I've attached a screenshot of the problem. The pre-defined donation value radio buttons display fine.
Is this a bug in JoomDonation, or a template issue? Site is running on Joomla v. 3.3.6.

Thanks
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by azurelink.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #50915 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Custom field radio set displays with bullets
Hi

I believe it is something rendered by the css of your site template. So if you can, please try to solve it yourself. If you could not solve it, please submit a support ticket sending us information of your site. I will have a template developer look at it and solve it for you

Tuan

• azurelink
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago #50924 by azurelink
Replied by azurelink on topic Custom field radio set displays with bullets
Hi Tuan,

It looks like there was a "inputbox" style applied to that radiobutton fieldset, which was apparently putting the buttons into the list item. It seems to have fixed it — except that for whatever reason, the value on the second line has a character space in front of it, so the two radio button choices do not align flush left. Is JD programmed to add an extra space character?

More
9 years 5 months ago #50955 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
It is not. Maybe the reason is because you leave empty space in the value of the option ? We can check it together when you are available on Skype

Tuan

• azurelink
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #50980 by azurelink
I just texted you some info on this via Skype. I'm actually wondering if JD would normally display two radio buttons horizontally on the same line, but for some reason they are displaying on two lines, and that is where the space before the second radio button is coming from? I don't see any space in the source code. And as I said above, I've deleted the inputbox style, so there is no CSS for the field.

I thought that this problem might have been caused by having a long, multi-line label which might be increasing the depth of the div containing the radio buttons, but when as a test I made the label text shorter (one line), the radio buttons were still on two lines, with the extra character space.

• azurelink
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #50984 by azurelink
I've confirmed that the extra "space" before the second radio button is caused by the following margin-left style in bootstrap.css:

.row-fluid [class*="span"] {
display: block;
width: 100%;
min-height: 30px;
box-sizing: border-box;
float: left;
margin-left: 2.12766%;
}

If I set margin-left: in the above to zero, the second radio button aligns with the first. What do you suggest? (I'd really rather have the two radio buttons display on the same line. But if that can't happen, I'd like to at least line them up flush left.)
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by azurelink. Reason: Modified verbiage.

More
9 years 5 months ago #51013 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

Infact, you can control how many options is displayed per line using the Size property of the custom field. So for example, if you want 2 options is displayed per line, you can edit the custom field, set Size property to 2 and It should work as expected

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: azurelink

• azurelink
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #51160 by azurelink
Hi Tuan -- Thanks, that fixed it. I set it to 2 and both radio buttons now display on the same line. Size was set to 25, so it appears that even though there were only two button values, JD was still adding twenty five columns, or divs, or whatever it does.

My suggestion would be to have them align toward the left. Right now they are spread across the column so there is too much space between them and it looks kind of funny.

It would be good to have this info added to the JD documentation. :)

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt