Documentation

• WACuser
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago #50247 by WACuser
Documentation was created by WACuser
I have been searching for several hours now, and I cannot find *any* documentation for joomdonation.

In the installation package/readme_first.txt there is a link to documentation.joomdonation.com but joomdonation is not listed on the site.

The documentation link on the joomla extentions also does not link to anything helpful.

I am simply looking for a document on how to start... like how do I embed a donation campaign. Is there anything AT ALL available? Or am I missing something.

Any help is appreciated, because right now I cannot event start

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #50251 by joshua
Replied by joshua on topic Documentation
One way to do this is to create a campaign, then go to Menu and create a menu item under a parent menu. Upon adding a new menu item, you'll first need to select a menu item type. Choose, Jdonation=>Donation Form and you'll see the right hand screen change to allow for a campaign selection.
I usually change the alias to something simple, like "donate-now". Using this method you can link to your donation form with short urls like yourdomain.com/menu/donate-now

Or, you can create a "hidden" menu that shows up nowhere, and just use it to create root level links, like
yourdomain.com/donate-now

If you want to embed a form in an article, simply create the article, and put this tag in the article
{jdform 1} where 1 is the id of the campaign on the right side when looking at your campaign listings.

Hope this helps.

More
9 years 5 months ago #50274 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Documentation
Thanks @joshua for helpful response

@WACuser: I am really sorry. We updated the extension and now re-writing the documentation. We will have it ready within this week. For now, if you need any help for setting it up, please ask and we will be happy to give you answers/guides. Maybe you can contact me directly on Skype so that I can help you to setup ? My Skype nickname is tuanpnves

Regards,

Tuan

More
9 years 5 months ago #50353 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

I am very happy to announce that I completed documentation for Joom Doantion today. You can see it here documentation.joomdonation.com/joom-donation.html

Regards,

Tuan

• WACuser
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago #50362 by WACuser
Replied by WACuser on topic Documentation
Awesome awesome awesome. You guys rock

More
9 years 5 months ago #50366 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks for your nice words. I think having a good documentation will also reduce support time and I can focus on the development to make it better :).

I am quite happy with the documentation. I hope it is easy to understand and it is enough for you to setup Joom Donation, get it up and running soon :).

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt