Currency not showing in backend - shows in paypal

• safeworld4women
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
9 years 6 months ago #49989 by safeworld4women
Currency not showing in backend - shows in paypal was created by safeworld4women
Hi Tuan
When we were talking about the new release a couple of weeks ago I mentioned the problem with the fact that the currency that someone pays in is not recorded in the backend of JD.
Here is the issue..
For an international non-profit organisation like ours we collect donations from people all over the world - but mainly from the UK, Australia, Canada and USA.
So we set the currency options to USD, Canadian Dollars, Pounds Sterling and AUS Dollar.
When someone donates in one of those currencies the amount and the currency shows properly in Paypal - but is not recorded in the backend of JD.
Instead all you see under the donor management screen is a number. So if someone has donated $20 in USD it shows as 20
Likewise if they have donated in AUS Dollars it shows 20
But there is nothing to say which currency this in.
Which means for accounting purposes or any form of reporting for a non-profit organisation the only way to check is to go through every Paypal record to see what the currency was.
You do receive an email from Paypal saying what currency the donation was made in
But the email to the admin contact sent from JD does not show the currency.
When I looked at the jd_donors table in the database I can see the problem - there is no field there for currency.
Which means although the correct currency is sent to Paypal it is not stored within the JD database.
This does create problems for us and would also do so for other International Non-profits?
Can you ask your developers if there is a way to solve this reasonably quickly as we are about to launch a major new campaign and correct reporting of the currencies people donate in is imperative.

Thanks so much

Andrew

I am the Operations Director and lead Developer for The Safeworld International Foundation - an award winning international Non-profit working for women's empowerment.
I also design websites for non-profit organisations and small ethical businesses.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #50028 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Currency not showing in backend - shows in paypal
Hi Andrew

Infact, it is not an issue. It is how it works from beginning. We just allow donors to choose the currency they want and that will be passed to Paypal. It is not stored in the database yet.

I will try to spend this weekend to add support for it (store the currency in the database and display it in the back-end). Right now, we are too busy and could not work on it right away

Tuan

• safeworld4women
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
9 years 6 months ago #50050 by safeworld4women
Replied by safeworld4women on topic Currency not showing in backend - shows in paypal
Hi Tuan
Sure!
I completely understand and that you are hugely busy!

Best

Andrew

I am the Operations Director and lead Developer for The Safeworld International Foundation - an award winning international Non-profit working for women's empowerment.
I also design websites for non-profit organisations and small ethical businesses.

• safeworld4women
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
9 years 5 months ago #50354 by safeworld4women
Replied by safeworld4women on topic Currency not showing in backend - shows in paypal
Hi Tuan
Did you have a chance to look at this?
best

Andrew

More
9 years 5 months ago #50367 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Currency not showing in backend - shows in paypal
Hi Andrew

This feature I could not look at very soon. Maybe this weekend !

Tuan

More
9 years 2 months ago #56132 by Jeremy Hamilton
Replied by Jeremy Hamilton on topic Currency not showing in backend - shows in paypal
I have the same issue. No matter what currency is used, my default currency is what is displayed.

If my goal is $100
Bob donates 10£
Mike donates $10
Total donations reads $20

It should translate all currency to the default goal amount currency, like such:

Goal: $100
Bob Donates: 10£ converted - $15.44(displayed)
Mike Donates: $10
Total Donations: $15.44

PLEASE FIX!!! Otherwise, the module is no good if you have multiple nationalities donating.

More
9 years 2 months ago #56148 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Jeremy

I agree that it would be good if we fix it. However, right now, I am still quite busy and could not work on this feature yet, maybe I will only have time until the next two weeks.

So if you could not use the extension because it lacks this conversion feature (right now, the extension just pass the currency to Paypal for processing payment, it also doesn't store the currency used for this donation), please help us find a different extension and we will refund the money of your purchase.

We will get back to this feature ASAP but not today

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt