• safeworld4women
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #49860 by safeworld4women
Recurring donations dropdown box - remove select was created by safeworld4women
Hi Tuan
When one chooses only one option for 'Donations Frequency' the dropdown box still shows 'SELECT'

If only one option is chosen ie Monthly (which is often used for non-profit donation systems)
Then it would be great to have the opportunity to just have 'single or monthly' as the donation options without the dropdown
See this mockup I just did on our site

if this isn't possible - could we just remove the word select in the dropdown and show as the default the top item selected.

Or have a radio button option which means if only one item is selected then that is all that would show?

Any ideas welcomed

Andrew

I am the Operations Director and lead Developer for The Safeworld International Foundation - an award winning international Non-profit working for women's empowerment.
I also design websites for non-profit organisations and small ethical businesses.
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by safeworld4women.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #49930 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Recurring donations dropdown box - remove select
Hi Andrew

We can only remove the Select Option for you. Please get this file, unzip it, upload the file to components/com_jdonation/view/donation folder of your site.

After that, it will work as expected.

Regards,

Tuan
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: safeworld4women

• safeworld4women
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #49984 by safeworld4women
Replied by safeworld4women on topic Recurring donations dropdown box - remove select
Hi Tuan
Yes that works great
One thing - I would like to create an override of the file so the change doesn't get deleted if the component is upgraded.
I have made overrides before and put them int he templates html folder
I just don't know how to do this with the html file.
I have tried putting it in /my-template-name/html/com_jdonation/donation/
but this doesn't appear to be the right way!
Can you advise

Andrew

I am the Operations Director and lead Developer for The Safeworld International Foundation - an award winning international Non-profit working for women's empowerment.
I also design websites for non-profit organisations and small ethical businesses.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by safeworld4women.

More
9 years 6 months ago #50030 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Recurring donations dropdown box - remove select
Hi Andrew

That's modification is from PHP code, not from the layout file, so it is not overridable.

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt