New Feature Request

• Daniel Hansen
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #49917 by Daniel Hansen
Replied by Daniel Hansen on topic New Feature Request
I'm going to re-stress and rephrase my original request. The donor profile information (address, phone, etc.) really needs integration with the Joomla profile. It makes no sense to collect this information for every donation and store it separately from the Joomla profile. It will be VERY confusing for donors. It would really make more sense to store this additional information in the Joomla profile and populate the donation form from it. Without this, donors have no way to permanently update their contact information in one place. I've enable the Joomla Profile plugin on my site and would very much like to use it for this purpose, but it is not populated with the same information a donor enters at the time of making a donation.

Please! Pretty please!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #49929 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic New Feature Request
Hi Daniel

The latest version of Joom Donation (version 3.7) is integrated with Joomla core profile already (when users login and make a donation, Joom Donation can use his Joomla core profile data to fill-in donation form automatically so that users won't have to type the information again). To make it works, please :

1. Go to Joom Donation -> Configuration, find the config option "Integration", set it to "Joomla Profile"

2. Go to Joom Donation -> Custom Fields, click on the custom field to edit it, map the field to Joomla Profile field and it should work well

Please try it and let me know the result

Regards,

Tuan

• Daniel Hansen
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #49939 by Daniel Hansen
That is GREAT news, Tuan. Thank you.

But after I changed the integration to "Joomla Profile" and went into the custom fields editor, I did not see any provision for mapping them to the Joomla profile fields. Can you provide more detailed information on how to do that?

• Daniel Hansen
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #49999 by Daniel Hansen
Sorry to nag about this, Tuan, but we are getting ready to publish our donation form and I really need a response to my previous post about specifically how to do the JoomDonation to Joomla profile field mapping. It is not clear looking at the back-end component options -- unless I'm just looking in the wrong place.

Thank you.

Dan Hansen

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt