New Feature Request

• Daniel Hansen
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 7 months ago #49251 by Daniel Hansen
New Feature Request was created by Daniel Hansen
I have been working to configure JDonation for a few days now, and really like what I've seen of the product.

One additional feature I'd love to see is a replacement for the standard Joomla profile edit form that would allow a donor to update both the password and e-mail address as well as the JDonation form fields (mailing address, telephone number, etc.)

Thanks for a nice component!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #49264 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic New Feature Request
Thanks Daniel for your suggestion. However, I don't think we will add support for this feature. Joom Donation still focus on donation process, it doesn't aim to replace Joomla profile edit form.

So if donor want to change his username and password for his Joomla account, he should still change it via Joomla core profile

Regards.

Tuan

• Daniel Hansen
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #49343 by Daniel Hansen
Replied by Daniel Hansen on topic New Feature Request
I think I worded my suggestion poorly...

I wasn't suggesting replacing the Joomla profile functionality -- just extending it, in much the same way as extensions like Community Builder do. And I'm not concerned with password and e-mail address management as I am with other contact information like organization, address and phone number. The problem I see with the component as it is now is that if a donor wants to make multiple donations, only the original contact information is prepopulated into the donation form. If the donor makes a second donation and changes his contact information, that information is not preserved for future donations. I think this will be confusing and annoying for donors. They need a way to permanently update their contact information.

Question: I seem to recall that JoomDonation integrates with CommunityBuilder. If I install CB on my site, will it save the updated donor contact information in the CB profile and populate it into the donation form for future donations? Also, what are the benefits of Community Builder integration -- what features of CB does it provide access to?
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Daniel Hansen. Reason: Added Community Builder question

• safeworld4women
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
9 years 6 months ago #49856 by safeworld4women
Replied by safeworld4women on topic New Feature Request
Daniel
Did you come up with any ideas how to deal with this?
In a way your question coincides with something we are looking at too.
In non-profit lingo it would fall under 'donor retention'.
Making sure that when someone wants to donate again - it is as easy as possible for them to do so.
I was wondering whether you have checked out the new 'user registration' feature in the latest version?
And whether that might be what you are discussing here?
As yet I haven't explored this option

Best

Andrew

I am the Operations Director and lead Developer for The Safeworld International Foundation - an award winning international Non-profit working for women's empowerment.
I also design websites for non-profit organisations and small ethical businesses.

• Daniel Hansen
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #49857 by Daniel Hansen
No, I haven't. Having some issues with the new version that Tuan says are specific to my site. Only part of my donation page is showing up, and it's not wrapped in my site template. I've opened a support ticket on the matter which I'm hoping will get dealt with soon. See my post on the matter at joomdonation.com/forum/questions/44125-p...after-upgrading.html .

• safeworld4women
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
9 years 6 months ago #49858 by safeworld4women
Daniel I have been using Rocket Theme templates for several years if it helps in anyway! I think you are using After-burner on your Zimu Foundation site?

Andrew

I am the Operations Director and lead Developer for The Safeworld International Foundation - an award winning international Non-profit working for women's empowerment.
I also design websites for non-profit organisations and small ethical businesses.

• Daniel Hansen
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #49859 by Daniel Hansen
Yes - Afterburner2

• safeworld4women
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
9 years 6 months ago #49861 by safeworld4women
Yes I noticed! Great non-profit by the way!

• Daniel Hansen
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #49862 by Daniel Hansen
Thanks, Andrew.

I wish now I'd waited until after today's fundraising event to do the upgrade :( . Had really hoped to be able to demo it there on my tablet, but can't now. Oh, well!

• safeworld4women
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
9 years 6 months ago #49863 by safeworld4women
Just connected via your contact form :)
Andrew

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt