• safeworld4women
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 1 month ago #41779 by safeworld4women
Hi
We are struggling with being able to show Campaign Descriptions on Facebook
We have tried everything but with no luck!
We are using Joomla 2.5
Any help appreciated
One thought
We had a similar problem with Sobi Pro and were able to add Facebook Open Graph codes into the template
But I am not sure how to accomplish this with Joom Donation

Andrew

I am the Operations Director and lead Developer for The Safeworld International Foundation - an award winning international Non-profit working for women's empowerment.
I also design websites for non-profit organisations and small ethical businesses.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #41815 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Unable to show Campaign descriptions on Joomla 2.5
Hi Andrew

Showing campaign description in facebook ? How do you do that ? I believe the extension doesn't have a feature to share the campaign on Facebook, so I am not sure it is something related to Joom Donation in this case ?

Tuan

• safeworld4women
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 1 month ago #41826 by safeworld4women
Replied by safeworld4women on topic Re: Unable to show Campaign descriptions on Joomla 2.5
Ah ok
So we have our campaigns all setup as menu items
But for some reason even the menu metadata doesn't work for those campaign/menu items on FB
Se this donation page as an example
www.asafeworldforwomen.org/appeals/donat...i.html?view=donation
When you put it into FB it shows the main site description and not the menu metadata description.
I really don't know how to solve this!
I wrote yesterday to this Joomla plug-in maker
codeboxr.com/product/open-graph-protocol-for-joomla
Because they help with FB Open Graph problems with Joomla and they said it would cost $150 dollars to sort!
So any help appreciated!

Andrew

I am the Operations Director and lead Developer for The Safeworld International Foundation - an award winning international Non-profit working for women's empowerment.
I also design websites for non-profit organisations and small ethical businesses.

More
10 years 1 month ago #41870 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Unable to show Campaign descriptions on Joomla 2.5
Hi Andrew

I am sorry but for this item, only the developer of that plugin can solved it as the sharing button... is generated by that plugin, not Joom Donation.

However, I still believe 150$ is too expensive.

Tuan

• safeworld4women
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 1 month ago #41905 by safeworld4women
Replied by safeworld4women on topic Re: Unable to show Campaign descriptions on Joomla 2.5
Hi Teju
I agree entirely about the cost
Is this something you can make work for us?
So that we can show a description of each campaign on FB

Andrew

More
10 years 1 month ago #41910 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Andrew

I am sorry. I don't have experience with that plugin, so I cannot make it works for you. I think you should discuss with that developer, I believe 50$ should be a fine price and he should agree to do it for you.

Tuan

• safeworld4women
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 1 month ago #41911 by safeworld4women
Tuan
There is some confusion and it is my fault - apologies
Forget I mentioned the plug-in!
We are not using the plug in I mentioned!

The problem we are having is when I try and share one of our JoomDonation pages on FB
Here is an example
www.asafeworldforwomen.org/appeals/donat...i.html?view=donation
We do not get the campaign description showing on FB or the menu description showing
The description which shows is the main metadata for our website
Rather than the meta-data for the Donation Campaign

Andrew
:)

More
9 years 6 months ago #50210 by Dr Nancy
On your demo site, on the Donation Campaigns page, there is a description of each campaign, and the titles of the campaigns are html links. On my website, the only link is the Donate Now button, and there is no description of the campaigns. On the demo site all the other parts (amount donated, goal, %donated, etc.) are in a horizontal line. On my site they are in a vertical line.

See ahvmf.org/index.php/we-need-your-help
When you click on Donate Now, it goes to a page with the description on it.

More
9 years 6 months ago #50276 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Unable to show Campaign descriptions on Joomla 2.5
Hi Nancy

The page you sent me is not a Joom Donation page. From my quick look, it seems that page is a simple Joomla article. Maybe you will need to update the menu item to link to Campaigns view of Joom Donation if you want it to looks like our demo site ?

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt