How to Assign Tickets to Support Staff

More
8 years 2 months ago #76129 by John
I do not see any way for a Manager or even an Administrator to assign a ticket to a specific support staff person. How is this done?

John Rayfield, Jr.
Rayfield Communications

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #76192 by MOLEDesign
Replied by MOLEDesign on topic How to Assign Tickets to Support Staff
Ditto

This is actually one of the MAJOR requirements of the help-desk software I chose, and one that is clearly stated on the selling points of this system

I have created categories, I have assigned managers, and now I want those manager to be able to allocate tickets to the people I have specified in my IT Team group in the configuration

I can see no way to allocate a ticket to a staff member, nor is it even mentioned in the documentation which is worrying me that it is a 'coming soon / desired' option or is something that has been corrupted in translation.

Please can we have an answer ASAP, and if that answer is 'the system cant do it' please provide details on how to get a refund

More
8 years 2 months ago #76194 by MOLEDesign
Replied by MOLEDesign on topic How to Assign Tickets to Support Staff
Found it...

There are a whole host of plugins that are disabled by default (some are enabled), assign to staff is one of them

The plugins are

Helpdesk Pro content plugin
Helpdesk Pro - Tickethistory
Helpdesk Pro - Pre-reply messages
Helpdesk Pro - Assign Ticket
Helpdesk Pro - Ticket Attachments

Just enable them using joomla, and you can then assign tickets to staff with a simple drop down

More
8 years 2 months ago #76199 by John
Replied by John on topic How to Assign Tickets to Support Staff
Thanks for finding that. I haven't had time to dig into the backend of my site to find something like that and the documentation online for this software is pretty 'skimpy'. But, I really like the software since it's so simple. I tried another helpdesk ticket system and it was so complicated and the screens were so 'crowded', I hated it.

John Rayfield, Jr.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc