different pricing for one event

• Dirk
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #91325 by Dirk
different pricing for one event was created by Dirk
Hi,
I would like to set up the following event ticket pricing structure and can not find the options to do so:

1. Standard: 95 EUR
2. Couple: 170 EUR
3. Kids from 0-13: 0 EUR
4. Discounted people: 70 EUR

For all four prices there shall be an early bird price of:
1. Standard: 85 EUR
2. Couple: 150 EUR
3. Kids from 0-13: 0 EUR
4. Discounted people: 70 EUR

Is this possible?
I do not want people to get a member on our site to get the discounted price. It is like a second price which people can select.
Thanks.
Dirk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #91368 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic different pricing for one event
Hello Dirk

You can setup different pricing options for the event using custom fee fields feature, just create a custom fee field to allow choosing registrant type and charge them the corresponding fee. See eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/basic-s...wn-custom-field-type

However, there is no option to setup early bird discount you described. The extension support early birth discount , but it must be same discount amount for each ticket type

So for now, I guess you will have to setup the early bird price for each option. And then later, change it to real price (after early birth date)

Regards,

Tuan

• Dirk
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #91397 by Dirk
Replied by Dirk on topic different pricing for one event
Ok.

Maybe you can add a feature in the future so custom price field have an additional price field for early birrds option.
Thanks.

More
7 years 4 months ago #91441 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic different pricing for one event
What I've done in the past is create a custom field with both the early-bird and regular rates, and trust that the user will choose the correct one. I don't set a default value, or if I do, I go back and change it manually to the standard rate after the e-b discount date has passed.
eg.
Adult — early-bird (until Dec 15) — $65
Child — early-bird (until Dec 15) — $55
Adult — after Dec 15 — $85
Child — after Dec 15 — $65

I have also used the nth-child CSS selector to set specific checkboxes / radio buttons / etc. to {display:none;} and the label to {color:CCC;}, which makes the item unselectable in modern browsers plus look unavailable due to the grayed-out text. Again, this is manual, and it will not work on browsers that don't support newer CSS commands.

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

More
7 years 4 months ago #91542 by Joseph Sound
Replied by Joseph Sound on topic different pricing for one event
I have a similar question regarding different pricing for one event. I've setup registrations for courses and the price for one course depends on their joomla group. I see that we can set discounts, but I set it only once. My users are required to register first and they select their group. For example:
1 course
$100 for non-employee
$50 for contractors
$25 for employees
I've set $100 as the default and in the discount section, I setup $50 for contractors. I am, however, unable to set another discount for the employees.

Any suggestions? Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,
Joe

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #91543 by James Riley
@Joseph: You can select multiple groups (click the first group, then CTRL-click additional groups), and then enter in multiple discounts with the values separated by a comma

.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by James Riley. Reason: updated image
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joseph Sound

More
7 years 4 months ago #91544 by Joseph Sound
Replied by Joseph Sound on topic different pricing for one event
Thanks James! One question, when I'm adding the discounts separated by commas, how does it know what group to apply it to?

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #91551 by James Riley
I've never actually done it myself :whistle: ...
--- 5 minutes later ---
Okay, so I did some testing and playing. It looks like the order is the same as the group list appears (not the clicked order). So for my example image above, I would order my values as [Administrator_Developer discount],[Registered discount] (eg. "40,15") regardless of the order that I selected them in.

Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by James Riley.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #91553 by James Riley
It should be noted that the Early-bird discount (and I'm assuming the Late-fee too) still applies, and it is applied AFTER the discount is taken.
Example:
  • Event Price: $100
  • Registered User Discount: 75%
  • Early-Bird Discount: $10
  • Final Cost: $100 - (75% of $100 = $75) = $25; $25 - $10 = $15
  • ... and not: $100 - $10 = $90; $90 - (75% of $90 = $67.50) = $22.50

This wouldn't really make a difference for $-based discounts, but certainly does for %-based discounts!

Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by James Riley. Reason: added comments about $- vs %-based discounts

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc