Group member guests

• Andrew Hicks
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 10 months ago #82643 by Andrew Hicks
Group member guests was created by Andrew Hicks
When doing a group booking (registration for more than one person) we have three types of person:
1. members - need to connect somehow to cb database to get details of these for all the linked fields
2. members partners - this data is stored (in different fields) of the members record. How to link the registration to these fields (eg spouse name, spouse dietary requirements, etc) instead of member name - but still keep address, etc as same.
3. non-members (external guests) - for which we do not wish to create full cb entries and certainly not joomla logins, etc.

The group registration process at the moment I cannot get it even to link to member data...

No problem with the billing stuff though. That all links to member fine - even if it does generate multiple invoices.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #82673 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Group member guests
Sorry. We don't have a way to link group members to CB data. To link these data, we need to know ID of the group members

However, at the time the person performing the registration, we can only get ID of that person, not user id of the other person

So basically, it is not possible to handle this requirement

Tuan

• Andrew Hicks
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 10 months ago #82689 by Andrew Hicks
Replied by Andrew Hicks on topic Group member guests
Oh dear. Can you not at least allow that the person making the booking is the first attendee, or make that optional?
If we cannot pull data from CB database by doing a person lookup then much of the benefit of the system disappears.

I was going to suugest a second possibility for the spouse question. That would be to have a 'spouse/partner' option when identifying an attendee with a member, and setting up the field matching (between Event booking and CB/other) to link each field to up to two (different) fields in the membership database so it either picks the member name or the spouse name (from the same record). Ditto for saved stuff like dietary requirements, etc. it would be a really nice feature.

But no point if the link isn't there in the first place, not even for the registrant as attendee (just like individual booking but with extra guests).

Is there any way to retain data on guests after an event, so if in future a member makes another booking with the same guests all that data can be retrieved with a simple lookup? That would be another - perhaps easier perhaps not - equally good solution. It seems that the data is being kept because booking records are retained, its just a matter of accessing it. Like having a menu of 'My Guests' to select from.

Regards,
Andrew

• Andrew Hicks
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 6 months ago #87835 by Andrew Hicks
Hi Tuan,
I note that in Group Member booking it is possible to populate the data from a member already input.
I would like to suggest an enhancement to this:
For most people when they use the system with us will regularly invite their partner as guest - so most of the guests will be regular guests even though not members. People attend events as couples. So they don't like always having to re-input the same data.
Please can we retain, for each member, details of guests they have invited previously (to any previous event). I know that the system already saves such data, so it is only a matter of accessing it.
Those guests could then be listed in the 'populate' drop-down list.
That way for each guest they would only need to input that person's data once - the first time they invited them - and just recall it.
If they edit the data for 'guest X' after loading it then it should be saved as a new person.
I would make that data available to members in a separate list page "My Guests" so they can select who appears on the list by ticking a box against each persons name. That way if the same person is listed twice - perhaps once with old address and then with new address - they can select not to include the old address in the list.
I think this would be a great feature in a great product, because it would save a lot of inputting in the group member form.
Regards,
Andrew

More
7 years 6 months ago #87848 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks Andrew for your suggestion. That makes sense. I will try to see whether I can implement it as a config option, but not right now, maybe in few weeks

Regards

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew Hicks

• Andrew Hicks
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 6 months ago #87862 by Andrew Hicks
Thank you thank you thank you.

• Andrew Hicks
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 4 months ago #90514 by Andrew Hicks
Any progress on this question?

More
7 years 4 months ago #90559 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Andrew

Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to work on this one yet. Not in the next 2, 3 weeks, too, as I am working on more important features (Tickets PDF, Improve Checkin QR CODE, Coupons...)

So it is very likely I can only work on this option at the beginning of next year

There are still many things I want to work on to improve the product

Tuan

• Andrew Hicks
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 5 months ago #105916 by Andrew Hicks
Hi Tuan,
I see you made some progress on this question. Please may I check I understand correctly:
1. Group Member 1 can now default to the user making the booking.
2. Additional group members can be set to pre-populate based on group Member 1.
3. An entire set of group members from the most recent previous booking may be carried forward into the new booking.
4. Billing details also pre-populate based on the user making the booking.
All excellent if true. Is this everything? The most interesting (biggest step) is 3 - if I am correct - how does this work?
Regards,
Andrew

More
6 years 5 months ago #105946 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Andrew

Yes, all the items above are correct. For item #3, it is just simple, when you perform a group registration, the system will try to get group members data from your most recent registration and use it to fill-in group members form in the current registration

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc