Group reg: Email for all required, though disabled

More
7 years 11 months ago #80577 by mads
Group registration is asking the email of ALL participants intead of just the one person doing the Group registration, even though I have disabled the "email" custom field in in Custom Fields (/administrator/index.php?option=com_eventbooking&view=fields) and even deactivated "Send confirmation email to all group members" in Configuration (/administrator/index.php?option=com_eventbooking&view=configuration) thinking maybe there was a connection there.

And still, after all that, when I go to Group registration, Event Booking require we fill in the email of all participants.

How can we make it so that Event Booking only asks for the email of the person doing the Group registration?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #80595 by Brian F
Does setting "Only require for first group member" to Yes at the very bottom of "Setup > Custom Fields > email" do what you need?
The following user(s) said Thank You: mads

More
7 years 11 months ago #80597 by mads
That did it, sort of, all though Event Booking is still demanding the email address of registrant #1 in Group registration.

Might have been better if the only place Event Booking demanded an email address, was at the Billing form.

More
7 years 11 months ago #80614 by Brian F
Ah, sorry, I misread your post, I was thinking you needed the email of the first member only. What you are needing is possible. Within the "Setup > Custom Fields > email" settings, if you have Required set to "No" that will remove the required setting from all the Member emails. Is that not working for you?

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 11 months ago #80638 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Group reg: Email for all required, though disabled
@Mads

Please try to go to Events Booking -> Custom Fields, click on email field to edit. Then set Display In property to Both "Individual and Group Registration Billing Form"

I think that should solve your issue

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc