about creating multiple instance of that event

• vicky
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #76155 by vicky
I have some events always "multiple instance of that event"
I need create "multiple instance of that event",how can I do?

thank u.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by vicky.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• vicky
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #76181 by vicky
The program you designed is strange ,I spent 3 weeks to try it, but still can not fit my request. EX:now I would like to open one new course, pay the fee of course and registered it by one time only, it has five days lessons each week, no need to pay the lessons every day. Pls advise this program if has the function as my request? I feel very depressed.

More
8 years 2 months ago #76237 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic about creating multiple instance of that event
Hi Vicky

In this case, I think for each course, you will create a corresponding event in Events Booking. The lessons, I think you can add it to the description of event so that users will know that there are 5 lessons for this event/course

That's the only way to setup it in Events Booking. Please note that this is an Events Registration extension, and from your requirement, maybe you need a Course Registration extension (or something like that), so Events Booking might not meet your need

Please look at my suggestion to see whether you can use it. Otherwise, you might have to find a different extension to use (sorry if that happens) and I will refund the money of the purchase

Regards,

Tuan

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #76282 by Calum
Vicky

I don't know why I am replying to you - you are very rude to the developers yet you have paid what $30 for a component and then presumably without fully understanding its abilities have told someone else who is paying you $$$ that you can deliver what they want and now cant. However I am replying.

There are a couple of work arounds. Firstly I assume you have recurring events enabled in Config Settings.

Now create your 6 week yoga class as an event with the price set etc and set it to recur 6 times every whatever day etc. Click save. This creates 6 events for you. Before you hit save you need to decide which option to take:

Option 1: Disable registration on the 5 subsequent weeks - in which case select disable registration and hit save. You may want to put something in your description to say "Register on Day 1" (Once you've done that open the parent event (day 1) and enable registration on it. Thats what Tuan is suggesting basically.

Option 2: Allow registration in which case you need to sneak a link into the custom registration field In my case on my test server it looks like this:

http://192.168.1.91/1/diary/6-week-yoga-course/individual-registration

1 is the menu ID for the full event calendar on my site, diary is the menu alias on my site,
6-week-yoga-course is the alias for the event
So you should be able to make the link up yourself...
You won't be able to do group and individual registration this way, if you wanted to it'd be better to simply link back to the event, and remove the link in the parent event so it gives both options.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Calum.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc