• Russell Noble
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #75400 by Russell Noble
Stripe Metadata was created by Russell Noble
Hi,

if you're using the Stripe payment module with the new payment plugins and want metadata to make it easier to match a Stripe payment with a person:

replacement function beforeRequestSend in the os_stripe.php. Just need to add the setMetadata() call.

Perhaps Tuan can add something like this at some point?
Code:
protected function beforeRequestSend($request, $row, $data) { parent::beforeRequestSend($request, $row, $data); $request->setToken($data['stripeToken']); $request->setMetadata( array ( 'First Name' => $row->first_name, 'Last Name' => $row->last_name, 'Email' => $row->email, 'Source' => 'Event Booking', 'Event' => $data['event_title'] ) ); }

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #75409 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Stripe Metadata
Thanks Russell for sharing the code, I am going to check and update the payment plugin with this code on Wednesday (will be busy today and tomorrow to complete new version of my other extension Membership Pro)

I'm glad you figure it own. The payment plugin structure has changed a lots to use Omnipay payment processing API and you still know how to change it, surprise :)

• Russell Noble
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #75682 by Russell Noble
Replied by Russell Noble on topic Stripe Metadata
Tuan,
one other item noted, for organisations which have multiple Stripe accounts, such as mine, the new version of the code doesn't work as it checks if the payment module = 'os_stripe'. For each Stripe instance I'd create a copy of the module and rename, for example os_stripe_test, os_stripe_sydney, os_stripe_melbourne. I've patched it locally by changing the code to strpos instead of direct comparison. Is it possible to get that changed in a future release?

Thanks,
Russell.

More
8 years 2 months ago #75725 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Russell

Yes. Will check it and made the change, maybe have to after our new year holiday (our new year is coming on Monday next week).

During the holiday, I will still work to support customers, but I think I don't have time to work on the improvements

Tuan

More
8 years 2 months ago #76186 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Russel

Finally, I updated the download package of Events Booking and Stripe payment plugin today with this change. For more details, please see joomdonation.com/forum/events-booking-ge....html?start=10#76185
The following user(s) said Thank You: Russell Noble

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc