Payment gateways

More
8 years 5 months ago #71967 by parul
Payment gateways was created by parul
Hi,
I have some queries about payment gateways:
1) Can we use customized payment gateway for event registration?
2) How to incorporate the same?
Thanks ,
Parul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #71994 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Payment gateways
Hi Parul

It is possible. However, you will need to know programming and be able to write a payment plugin to integrate with the custom payment gateway you want. There are no way to just "config" Events Booking to work with any custom payment gateways

Regards,

Tuan

More
8 years 5 months ago #72143 by parul
Replied by parul on topic Payment gateways
Hi Tuan,

Thanks! I can write the code but need to know which files I need to modify. Do you have any API code documents or I should we directly change the PHP file.

More
8 years 5 months ago #72215 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Parul

I guess the easiest way would be editing one of the existing payment plugin in the extension :

1. If the payment gateway need to redirect users to payment gateway for processing payment, you should edit the os_paypal payment plugin

2. If the payment gateway allows users to enter credit card information directly on the site for processing payment, you should edit the plugin os_authnet

Regards,

Tuan

More
8 years 4 months ago #72445 by parul
Replied by parul on topic Payment gateways
Hi Tuan,

We have purchased and using Event booking extensions and incorporated PayUMoney as a payment gateway.We came across following lack while using the same.

For event registration scenario after completing the registration process, we can see event confiramation on screen.But when we go to administrator> registrants, we are not able to see the registered registrants though entries are visible in ‘zi0uc_eb_registrants’ table.

Please help in receiving the records for admin frontend as it is required to track the event and registrants.
Waiting for your reply.

Regards,
Parul

More
8 years 4 months ago #72446 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Parul

Then your payment plugin is not implemented properly. Basically, after registrants complete payment at the PayUMoney payment gateway, the payment gateway should send a notification to your payment plugin

Your payment plugin need to validate the payment, make sure it is valid. If it is valid, you need to set published field of the registration record to 1, send confirmation email to registrants and notification email to admin....

(you can see the verifyPayment method in the os_paypal payment plugin to see a sample implementation)

Tuan

More
8 years 4 months ago #72472 by Dan Sajdowitz
Replied by Dan Sajdowitz on topic Payment gateways
As an FYI (and possibly a request for assistance), one of your built-in plugins is for Worldpay.

We signed up for a Worldpay account specifically to be able to use this built-in plugin.

However, Worldpay assigned us to a product they own called SecureNet, which is a company they recently acquired.

I'm sure there's a simple way to modify the plugin to work with SecureNet, but you should be aware that Worldpay is also implementing other product solutions.

More
8 years 4 months ago #72553 by Tuan Pham Ngoc

Dan Sajdowitz wrote: As an FYI (and possibly a request for assistance), one of your built-in plugins is for Worldpay.

We signed up for a Worldpay account specifically to be able to use this built-in plugin.

However, Worldpay assigned us to a product they own called SecureNet, which is a company they recently acquired.

I'm sure there's a simple way to modify the plugin to work with SecureNet, but you should be aware that Worldpay is also implementing other product solutions.

Maybe you can ask us for more information how we could modify the original worldpay payment plugin to work with SecureNet so that we can look at it to see whether we can implement the change for you?

Tuan

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #72572 by Dan Sajdowitz
Replied by Dan Sajdowitz on topic Payment gateways

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: Maybe you can ask us for more information how we could modify the original worldpay payment plugin to work with SecureNet so that we can look at it to see whether we can implement the change for you?

If you could, that would be excellent. I just assumed you guys are crushed with requests, so I didn't want to be a bother.

I'm working off the documentation from here: apidocs.securenet.com/docs/getstarted.html

Further digging brought me here as well: www.securenet.com/developers/php

From what I've been able to discern, the process is similar to WorldPay, but with some additional variables (like the "Secure Key" in addition to the ID).

If you can help so I don't have to reinvent the wheel, that would be awesome. Either way, thanks!

Edit: The attached files demonstrate the basic process.
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Dan Sajdowitz. Reason: Attached file

More
8 years 4 months ago #72588 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Dan

I must be honest that I am still too busy now, so I won't be able to look at it very soon. I will try my best to look at it this weekend if it is possible, otherwise, maybe until the weekend next week (I am having very high workload here now). So if you can, please try to develop it yourself to reduce the risk in case I could not look at it soon

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc