Front-end event submission is missing features...

• Tim Stöhr
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 5 months ago #69946 by Tim Stöhr
Hey Tuan,

The front-end is missing some critical features and is not like the back-end at all. Would it be possible to update this one in the next version? When would it come out?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 5 months ago #69958 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Front-end event submission is missing features...
Hi Tim

The new version 2.0.5 will be released today. I want to keep frontend event submission form simple, so it could not have all options/features like in the backend

If you want any features which frontend event submission form doesn't have, just ask and I will patch the code for you and send you the modified files

Tuan

More
8 years 5 months ago #69972 by RH
We have the same problem, with some missing fields. What we miss are:
- Athorize.net fields (we have several IDs and use them depending on the event)
more important:
- The email and message templates used during the registration. Those texts are heavily customized for each event. If you just create a single patch file with a single field showing how to do it, I could do the rest myself.

• Tim Stöhr
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #69973 by Tim Stöhr
Replied by Tim Stöhr on topic Front-end event submission is missing features...
Hi Tuan,

I would need the following:

Time of cut-off date
Deposit amount
Payment method
Currency
Currency symbol
User Email body (offline payment)
Thank you message
Thank you message (offline payment)
Terms and conditions select box per event

I am trying to make a plattform that other people can also use for creating events. By being able to change the User Email Body and the Thank you messages, offline payment would be possible to be transfered to different accounts.

Currency would also be good if they could change this as in VN, some companies want dollars, others will want dongs. The deposit amount enables the deposit feature which is a nice to have for travel companies. The time of cut-off date is very important since the cut-off date has a bug (as told to you previously).
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Tim Stöhr.

• Tim Stöhr
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #69974 by Tim Stöhr
Replied by Tim Stöhr on topic Front-end event submission is missing features...
Ah yeah, it would be great if you could add this to the complete front-end registration (as in NOT the simple one :) )
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Tim Stöhr.

More
8 years 5 months ago #69998 by Simon Wooler
Replied by Simon Wooler on topic Front-end event submission is missing features...
Hi
This is my first time here on the forum and I would like to say, firstly, what a stunning extension to Joomla, Tuan. Thank you.
I would like to add my voice to the request for more of the backend editor features in the front end if possible. Most of the things I could do with have been mentioned already, specifically , the chance for the listing creator to choose the currency symbol and currency type. The ability to redirect the registration button to an external form/url as is possible in the back end would be useful too.
Thanks again.
Si

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc