Exclude Event or Event Category from Calendar

• Willem Nelson
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #66915 by Willem Nelson
Exclude Event or Event Category from Calendar was created by Willem Nelson
How can I exclude or hide an event or event category from the Event Calendar. I want to still enable an event but I do not want it to viewable in the calendar with other categories.

In other words can you only display a certain category in the calendar and other not, without disableling or unpublishing that category.?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #66917 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Exclude Event or Event Category from Calendar
Hi Willem

Unfortunately, it is not possible. The extension doesn't support this option. However, it is not hard to modify code to support it. You can submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site and let me know IDs of the categories you want to exclude and I will modify the code for you

Regards,

Tuan

More
8 years 6 months ago #69016 by Matthew Bourne
Replied by Matthew Bourne on topic Exclude Event or Event Category from Calendar
I would like this too. Would it not make sense to show how to do it here. When I print_r ($event) I get category_id but not the other categories field.

More
8 years 6 months ago #69023 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Exclude Event or Event Category from Calendar
Let me see I can add this feature into the extension during this weekend. My plan is that when you create menu item, you can select the the categories you want to be excluded events from displaying.

I believe it should be the easiest way. Give me 7 days or so to work and add support for this feature

Tuan

More
8 years 2 months ago #74579 by bcsgroup
Replied by bcsgroup on topic Exclude Event or Event Category from Calendar
Tuan I need this too. Did you ever develop this? I uploaded the most current version of EB and didn't any options in the menu.

bcsgroup

More
8 years 2 months ago #74605 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Unfortunately, not yet available. Just added it to my to do list for next release 2.3.1. Give me 2 weeks or so to have it implemented in the extension

Tuan

More
8 years 2 months ago #74606 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hmm

Maybe instead of selecting categories to exclude, we should allow select categories to display? Seems it makes more sense

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc