• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 7 months ago #66792 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Events Booking 2.0.2 released was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear customers

Today, I am happy to release next version of Events Booking, version 2.0.2. This is a minor release and contain some nice improvements :

1. Added an option called Only show for first group member to allow showing a custom field to just First Member in a group registration. Before, if you want to display custom field in group members form, it will be displayed for all members. This option is quite useful and was asked by few customers, so I decided to add support for it.

2. Added a config option to show thumbnail of events in Calendar view of Events Booking.

3. Allow sending event attachment to all group members in group registration

4. If you config Events Booking to assign custom field to categories instead of events, you will be happy with this new version. The extension now allow you to assign custom fields to multiple categories instead of just select ALL categories or one category like in old version

5. Allow showing early bird discount date of event if you set Early Bird Discount Date for that event

If you want to use these new nice improvements, please access to My Downloads menu item, see your order, download latest version from there to upgrade to your site.

Regards,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #66796 by FrankM
Replied by FrankM on topic Events Booking 2.0.2 released

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: 4. If you config Events Booking to assign custom field to categories instead of events, you will be happy with this new version. The extension now allow you to assign custom fields to multiple categories instead of just select ALL categories or one category like in old version

:woohoo:

applause :)

Productiv: Joomla 3.5.1 / EB 2.4.3 / PHP 7.0.5
Testsys: Joomla 3.5.1 / EB 2.4.3 / PHP 7.0.5

Sorry, english isn't my native language.

More
8 years 7 months ago #66797 by Andrew Shaw
Replied by Andrew Shaw on topic Events Booking 2.0.2 released
Any ideas when you will be adding a late fee?

Thanks

Andy

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #66798 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Events Booking 2.0.2 released

Andrew Shaw wrote: Any ideas when you will be adding a late fee?

My proposed feature (see post #2 @ joomdonation.com/forum/events-booking-ge...ates-same-event.html ) would provide the flexibility to do a late fee using a date-triggered custom field. Although not a straight-up "late fee" feature, do you think that idea could work for you?

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by James Riley.

More
8 years 7 months ago #66822 by David
Replied by David on topic Events Booking 2.0.2 released
Hi Tuan,

Can you give an example of adapting "Only show for first group member" feature in a real case? Is it for some secret information? or prize?

Regards,
David

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #66869 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic BUG -- Conditional Fields
Something funny happening with conditional fields.

How it should work: If a Parent Field does not appear on a particular event, then its Child Fields should also not appear, even if the Child Field itself is is set to the event (or set to ALL EVENTS).

What is happening: If the Parent Field is not assigned to a particular event, and the Child Field is set to that event (or ALL EVENTS), then the Child Field appears even though its Parent Field is not there to control it. (Bad child -- running out to those events that your parent say they themselves will not be going to it... tisk tisk).

There should be a check done against the Child Field to see if it has a Parent Field assigned. If there is a Parent, but it is not present, the Child should not be written to the registration form.

.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

More
8 years 7 months ago #66909 by Buzzy
Replied by Buzzy on topic Events Booking 2.0.2 released
I can find info on 2.0.0 and 2.0.2 but not what was released in 2.0.1 - please advise where the full change logs for each version are, thanks!

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #66920 by James Riley

Buzzy wrote: I can find info on 2.0.0 and 2.0.2 but not what was released in 2.0.1 - please advise where the full change logs for each version are, thanks!

Hi Buzzy:
2.0.1 was released as a bug fix (see 4th post in joomdonation.com/forum/events-booking-ge...-location.html#66356 ) with no new features added.
Unfortunately, there is no one location to look at for a change log -- that was part of discussion here in the forums a couple month back,,. Hopefully the devs will, at some point when they're not too busy making EB better and better, be able to implement an official change log or release note post/category/something-or-other. From my experience, if Tuan has not made a post specifically advertising a new version, then anything released in between was minor.

More
8 years 7 months ago #66921 by Buzzy
Replied by Buzzy on topic Events Booking 2.0.2 released
Thanks for that. To be honest I can't see why a section of the forum where the version update posts are put is not done. Then it's easy enough to see all updates and involves no extra work since these get posted anyway. Having to do a search of the forum is a bit crazy. Also it should not be extra work to post what is changed as I would really hope the developers actually work to a change log themselves anyway!

More
8 years 7 months ago #66922 by James Riley

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: 4. If you config Events Booking to assign custom field to categories instead of events, you will be happy with this new version. The extension now allow you to assign custom fields to multiple categories instead of just select ALL categories or one category like in old version

Looking at this last night, it looks like this is a global toggle in config?? I haven't turned it on yet because it *looks* like it will disable the assign to event and replace with assign to category. If this is the case, it would be far better for the option between event & category to be set specifically for EACH custom field, and not globally. I have events released under the same branding (therefore in the same category), but with different fields created for each event depending on the event requirements. It would be nice to have some common fields category assigned, while other specific fields event assigned.

Please confirm the way that this is working at present. Thanks! :)