Missing settings possibilities on fron-end submiss

• Roger
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 10 months ago #63515 by Roger
Hi Tuan

I set up the front-end submission for events. All this works fine. But it seems to me that there are two setting possibilities missing in order for someone without any backend Joomla access to finish a complete event.
1. the cutoff day: After saving it contains the date from today if you look in the backend. Field in easy layout front end missing.
2. Being able to enable to step back (resign or what would be a good English word). Can't set that one either. The last one is setting the date until someone can step back.

Is that on purpose? For our people the easy layout for front-end submission is great, but wihout these two settings I have to check every event they are registering.

Could you please have a look at that?

Roger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #63537 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Missing settings possibilities on fron-end submiss
Hi Roger

The simple frontend event submission form doesn't have all possible options (that's why it is called Simple :D).

If you want these two settings available, please submit support ticket sending us super admin account of your site so that we can add these settings to the layout for you

Tuan

• Roger
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 9 months ago #63588 by Roger
Hi Tuan

Of course you are right. I just thought that it should be complete for such, in my eyes basic settings, so that no admin intervention is needed.
Will open a ticket.

Thanks

Roger

More
8 years 9 months ago #63600 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Missing settings possibilities on fron-end submiss
OK Roger. I haven't seen your support ticket yet and weekend time is coming, so we will solve it for you on Monday

Tuan

• Roger
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 9 months ago #63624 by Roger
Hi Tuan

No hurry, don't want to make you work even longer hours ;)
Will do it as soon as I get to it.

Thanks

Roger

More
8 years 9 months ago #63636 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK. Thanks Roger .

Tuan

• Roger
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 9 months ago #63657 by Roger
Hi Tuan

Showed the standard front-end submission layout to our people. They will use the standard in the future, so there is no need for the code change. But thanks a lot for offering.

We came across a problem with the front end submission form today. I will describe it, hopefully you can reproduce it.
All the notification emails (body texts, email of the administrator etc.) are setup in the configuration. There are no notification emails bodies, email addresses defined per event. Now did the following.
- added the add event in the menu in the front end.
- user added an event in the easy layout
- worked fine except the issues mentioned above about the settings that are missing in my opinion.

Today people started registering for an event setup with the front end submission form. Suddenly I get more and more error messages from our mailserver, that mails could not be delivered to the event administrator. The error message read that the ".ch" was missing in the email.
The person setting up the event didn't add the mail address. Event booking seems to take the mailadress from somewhere unfortunately the last three letters ".ch" we're missing, which made the errors.

Could you have a look at that? I hope I wrote it not too complicated.

Thanks

Roger

• Roger
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 9 months ago #64024 by Roger
Hi Tuan

Were you able to have a look at this?

Thanks
Roger

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc