Unable to order categories in Events Booking

More
8 years 10 months ago #63398 by Andy
Hi
The ordering of categories in Events Booking does not work - please help. I tried using the arrows, the numbers, and saving (by accident found the tiny arrow icon that displays a tooltip telling me it is for saving the order).

Still they show in the order I added them in the backend and the front end. Please help with this bug.

Thanks

Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #63400 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Unable to order categories in Events Booking
The magic key to making everything work:
You have to first click the Sort Order column heading.

Then you can use the arrows to move up and down. If entering a number (or changing several numbers), make sure you click that little dual arrow save button at the top that you said you already found.

That key step is the documentation, but having to do it is not intuitive and lots of people (myself included the first time I tried changing sort order) have missed it. The Devs are aware that it is an ongoing problem for people, and hopefully will be able to do something different in future editions in order to reduce confusion.

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

More
8 years 10 months ago #63402 by Andy
Thanks James
Perhaps I should have mentioned - that was the first step I took when ordering - presuming it followed the same steps as ording std Joomla cats/articles (except no Ajax drag n drop here).
Thanks anyway..

More
8 years 10 months ago #63434 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Unable to order categories in Events Booking
Click on the header of order column before change ordering is the correct behavior. You will need to see the current ordering first before you change the ordering of items. That's how Joomla works (Joomla 2.5.x because for Joomla 3, drag and drop has been implemented)

I will try to implement drag and drop in near future. It is abit difficult here now because we are supporting both Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3.x within one codebase. But give me sometime (maybe 3 to 4 weeks) and I will have it ready (of course with other features)

Tuan

More
8 years 10 months ago #63441 by Andy
Thanks for your reply Tuan. That is the method I am using - it does not work. I am very familiar with joomla and both me and my business partner (user since Mambo) have tried re-ordering this way:

Click to sort by order;
Re-order using arrows or numbers;
Click arrows icon to save order.

Nothing happens

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #63465 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Unable to order categories in Events Booking
I don't even need to click the arrow icon button to save order when using the up & down arrows (only when manually renumbering). Sounds like a support ticket issue to me -- Maybe a javascript conflict??
As an interim work-around if you need the sort order changed right ways, and if you have access to your website's mySQL database, you can manually reorder the fields by changing the numbers in the `ordering` column of the `__eb_fields` table. I've done this myself in situations where I felt that editing the db directly was more efficient than using the eb control panel, using either phpMyAdmin or HeidiSQL.

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by James Riley.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy

More
8 years 10 months ago #63478 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
@Andy: That's strange to me. Could you please submit a super admin account of your site so that I can check it directly on your site to see what's wrong and get it sorted ?

Regards,

Tuan

More
8 years 10 months ago #63495 by Andy
Thanks Tuan
How should I supply the details securely (not on a forum post)?
Thanks

Andy

More
8 years 9 months ago #63535 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Andy

Please access to Support Tickets menu item ( joomdonation.com/support-tickets.html ) to submit a support ticket

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc