The New Recaptcha not working on group bookings

• Alison
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 1 month ago #60197 by Alison
Hi

Not much more to say, the New Recaptcha not working on group bookings.
I am using Joomla version 3.4.1 and events booking version 1.7.1

any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #60202 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic The New Recaptcha not working on group bookings
Hi Alison

Please use Recaptcha version 1 for now. The extension still not working well with Recaptcha version 2 yet. I think we will need one more week to get it completely working

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alison

More
8 years 10 months ago #63507 by Stef
Hi Tuan

I've troubles with the captcha plugin too, as described above. I don't use ReCaptcha, but the SecurImage Captcha Plugin from idealextensions.com/joomla-extensions/se...-captcha-plugin.html . Single registrations are working well, on group registrations pages, no captcha is loaded. If I click the 'reload' button I get redirected to the homepage.

I had to disable the captcha for the registrations now. Can you please inform us, when we can expect a new version with this feature fixed? I ask, because I have to inform my client as soon as possible, because he is not very amused about this circumstances.

Thank you, regards
Stefan

More
8 years 10 months ago #63536 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic The New Recaptcha not working on group bookings
Hi Stefan

What Joomla version you are using? If you are using Joomla 3.x, please use Joomla core recaptcha (version 2).

Since Events Booking use ajax for navigating between steps in group registration, there will be some custom javascript modification needed if you use a custom captcha system (we could not test it for all possible captcha solutions available)

So please stick with Joomla core captcha if it is possible. I think it is very good .

Tuan

More
8 years 10 months ago #63552 by Stef
Hello Tuan

Thanks for your answer. We always are working with the latest Joomla version (3.4.1).

Neither I, nor my client wants to use this Google ReCaptcha thing. I don't see the reason, why we have to share everything with this Big Data Organisation and get more and more depending on Google. Becasue it's free and the easiest way? I never use fonts, analytics, nor ReCaptcha from Big G.

So I have to ask you one more time: Can you please inform us, when we can expect a new version? The best for us would be a version compatible with SecurImage Captcha Plugin or a possibility to disable the ajax in group registrations.

Regards
Stefan

More
8 years 10 months ago #63553 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Stefan

To be honest, I am not sure we can have a version which support all the captcha plugins available for Joomla. For now, we can only have offical support for recaptcha using Joomla core (due to the way the extension AJAX for group registration at the moment).

So in this case, I will check and make it works with the captcha plugin you are using on your client site. I think it can be a layout override which won't be lost when you upgrade to future release of the extension. Will that be OK ?

Tuan

More
8 years 10 months ago #63556 by Stef
Hi Tuan

Wow. I've never get an answer so fast, thank you!
Sure, a update-proof template overrride would be ok. Waiting for your feedback, till then we keep the captcha disabled.

Sunny greets from switzerland
Stefan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc