Community Builder 2.0 RC3 problems

• kinwolf
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #50508 by kinwolf
Community Builder 2.0 RC3 problems was created by kinwolf
Hi, I am currently testing Community builder 2.0 RC3 since the release of 2.0 final is next week. Right now, EB 1.6.6 seems to be unable to map CB field correctly. When I tryu to register for an event, my name and email carry over correctly, but everything else(address, country, telephone, etc) does not, it stays blank.

Any ETA for a CB 2.0 compatible version?

Thanks.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by kinwolf.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #50510 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Community Builder 2.0 RC3 problems
Hi

As far as I know, CB 2.0 is a completely re-write of CB component (they re-write it from scratch), so Yes, it might not be compatible.

However, since CB RC3 is not available for public yet, I don't have a copy to check. I guess we will have to wait until CB is public release and then it will take us 2 or 3 days to get it compatible

I will try to contact CB team to see whether they can give us a copy of CB RC3 so that we can work on it sooner. If not, we will wait until it is public release before making it compatible

Regards,

Tuan

More
9 years 6 months ago #51002 by Brian Lisle
Replied by Brian Lisle on topic Community Builder 2.0 RC3 problems
Now that Community Builder 2.0 has been released, any news on this? Also, CB 2.0 doesn't seem to like the plugin for EB. Will you be updating that too?

More
9 years 6 months ago #51008 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Brian

I am going to download and look at new CB within this week and will try to add support for it. However, please note that it will take time to learn CB 2.0 (I heard that it is re-written from scratch using new code base - new framework), so before I look at it, I could not give exactly on what date the extension will full support CB 2

Will keep you updated.

Regards,

Tuan

• kinwolf
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #51295 by kinwolf
Replied by kinwolf on topic Community Builder 2.0 RC3 problems
Well it shouldn't be too complex hopefully. I had another extension integrating in CB and it took the dev one day btw the time he started to look at it and the time he sent me a new version to test it out :)

Eagerly awaiting the new plugin, it's the last one that need updating before I migrate the live website to CB 2.0 :)

Note: I tested the current plugin, and it "seems" to work fine(probably because of the compatibility layer the CB team added at the end of the development cycle) but CB itself stil gives a warning that the plugin is not compatible with current CB version.(see attached file for the message)

Note: The original problem I reported in the first message was related to a config error after all, not the plugin itself.
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by kinwolf.

More
9 years 5 months ago #51305 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
This week I am still too busy. So I will try to work on the integration from next week. If it works well now, please continue to use it.

Regards,

Tuan

• kinwolf
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 5 months ago #51483 by kinwolf
Reporting a problem with the current plugin in CB 2.0

The tab EB plugin creates works fine, but when I set it's privacy setting to Private(requires CB privacy plugin) the setting is ignored and the tab is visible to all. This behavior only happens with the tab Event Bokking created in CB profile, all the other Tabs work nicely with the privacy setting.

Since I am not sure where the problem lies, I reported the issue here and to the CB team also.

• kinwolf
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 4 months ago #53344 by kinwolf
Hi,

Any update on this? Is the new plugin ready? I see a version 1.6.7 of event booking, but the CB plugin still date from 2013.

Thanks

• kinwolf
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #55636 by kinwolf
Replied by kinwolf on topic Community Builder 2.0
Still waiting for the updated plugin. I looked in 1.6.9 and it's still the old one :(

More
9 years 3 months ago #55641 by Tim Stöhr
Replied by Tim Stöhr on topic Community Builder 2.0
There is already an updated plugin available. I have gotten it from Tuan some time back. If you search for my name in the forums you will find it (use the search button).

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc