Problem With [REGISTRATION_DETAIL] in Reminder

• Bill
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 9 months ago #47101 by Bill
Hello There,

I want the auto-reminder emails in Events Booking to show the full details of the event including location, time, date, etc. The only way that it seems possible to do this is by relisting their Registration Details. According to the instructions in the backend of tags that can be used in the e-mail body for the Reminder E-mail, the tag [REGISTRATION_DETAIL] should function. But when I did a test e-mail/reminder it was not working properly. Please see attached screen shots.

I also had two unrelated questions:

1) Is there a way as of yet for someone to be able to cancel their registration without making a log-in username/password?

2) In JoomDonation there is a way to make registering a username and password optional, and a way to add text explaining why it would be good to have a user name and password. In Event Booking if I turn on the ability to register as a user, it is only possible to add it as a required field. Any way around this?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bill
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 9 months ago #47107 by Bill
Another additional question. Is there a way to add an 'add to calendar' link in the registration confirmations so our guests can easily add the event details to their calendars?

More
9 years 9 months ago #47153 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Problem With [REGISTRATION_DETAIL] in Reminder
Hi Bill

1. Currently, we only support the following tags in the reminder email (we don't support [REGISTRATION_DETAIL] tag because it might cause timeout issue during the sending reminder process):

[EVENT_DATE]
[EVENT_TITLE]
[FIRST_NAME]
[LAST_NAME]

2. Unfortunately, users need to have an username and password if they want to cancel the registration. If they don't have username and password, we won't know that they registered for the event or not and could not allow them to cancel the registration.

3. Events Booking doesn't work in the same way with Joom Donation. In Events Booking, if you enable registration integration, users will have to enter username and password to register for an account (it is not optional as in Joom Donation).

Hope my answers are clear to you

Tuan

• Bill
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 9 months ago #47242 by Bill
Good Evening Tuan,

Please note in the pictures I attached to my initial posting, the back end of your system clearly states [REGISTRATION_DETAIL] as an available tag. One of the reasons we chose this platform for our client was because it advertised automatic reminders. It does not seem useful to only be able to have the reminder include only the name, date, and time of the event, but not the location. They will now have to resort to manually sending mass mail through the system in order to get all of the necessary information to the clients. I would recommend finding a way to correct this in your next update. If not the full registration details, at least either the location, a link to the event, and/or a link to add to their calendar with all information including the location.

Regards,

-Bill

More
9 years 9 months ago #47250 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Problem With [REGISTRATION_DETAIL] in Reminder
Hi Bill

Good Evening Tuan,

Please note in the pictures I attached to my initial posting, the back end of your system clearly states [REGISTRATION_DETAIL] as an available tag

=> Yes, I know. Infact, it is a mistake by copy paste the tags in the message. I will check and remove it as the supported tag in the reminder.

For your suggestions, I will add support for the link to the event detail and the location details. Will work on it in the next two days.

If your client really want to use [REGISTRATION_DETAIL] , you can submit a support ticket and we will be happy to customize code for you. It just one line of coding, I am just afraid of about timeout when sending reminder.

Regards,

Tuan

• Bill
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 9 months ago #47314 by Bill
The only reason the client wished to use [REGISTRATION_DETAIL] was it was the only tag option listed that would also allow the event location and address to be added into the e-mail. If you make separate usable tags for the event details and the link to the event, that would be the better/cleaner option for the appearance of their reminder e-mails.

Thank you for your assistance.

-Bill

• Bill
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago #47509 by Bill

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote:
For your suggestions, I will add support for the link to the event detail and the location details. Will work on it in the next two days.

Good Morning,

I wanted to follow up and see if you were able to add support for the link to the event detail and the location details.

Regards,

Bill

More
9 years 8 months ago #47514 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Bill

Will have it ready before this time on tomorrow. I will update you here when I have it completed. Should I send the upated version to you or just the modified file ?

Tuan

• Bill
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago #47610 by Bill

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: Hi Bill

Will have it ready before this time on tomorrow. I will update you here when I have it completed. Should I send the upated version to you or just the modified file ?

Tuan

My apologies I was out sick. Please send the updated version and note the modified file(s). If it is going to be modified in the new update you are going to do with fixing the group registration as per our Help Ticket, then we will wait for all revisions to be made so we don't have to update twice.

• Bill
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago #47878 by Bill
Please advise on status of the update.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc