Expansion of Automated/Reminder Emails

• Nathan
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #83954 by Nathan
I'd like to see if we can expand the email reminder feature a bit. Right now, I can send only a single automated email for an event. I would like to do multiple. For example, one reminder email a month out, another one the week before, and even another automated email (or two) a period of time after the event has occurred. After an event would be very helpful for thanking a customer, etc. My client would really like this expansion of capability. Is this something you can do? Please let me know. I'd be happy to take a cost quote back to my client to add this. If you have any other recommendations on something to have this feature set that integrates with your product, I'm happy to look at that, as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #83955 by Calum
Replied by Calum on topic Expansion of Automated/Reminder Emails
Worth looking at the integration to AcyMailing. Acy is a newsletter function. You can schedule newsletters to go to groups and you can link E Booking registrations into the newsletter function...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nathan

• Nathan
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #83960 by Nathan
Replied by Nathan on topic Expansion of Automated/Reminder Emails
This looks like it could be a 95% solution (plus more than they need). Ideally, I'd want it natively within Events Booking, but I'll continue to look into this. Thanks for the help. I will likely go this way if the feature expansion can't be done.

• Nathan
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #84658 by Nathan
Looks like they don't have Events Booking integration according to their page:

www.acyba.com/acymailing/doc.html#int

More
7 years 8 months ago #84683 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Expansion of Automated/Reminder Emails
Hi Nathan

It doesn't need to be supported by ACYMailing. I haven't used that extension yet, however, according to @Calum suggestion;

1. You can config Events Booking so that when users register for the event, they will be assigned to the Joomla user group you want

2. Then setup ACYMailing so that they will send newsletters to all users from that Joomla group (which are your registrants of the event) at the time you want

So the only question with ACYMailing is that is it supports sending newsletters to users from a Joomla group at the time you want? If they support it, then your issue could be sorted

Tuan

More
7 years 8 months ago #84684 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Expansion of Automated/Reminder Emails
Or if ACYMailing allows you to schedule sending newsletters to all subscribers from a list at the time you want, it will work, too

Basically, you can config Events Booking so that when people register for the event, they will be assigned to the Mailing List you want. Then you can create newsletters, send to subscribers of that list at the time you want

Tuan

• Nathan
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #84731 by Nathan
Tuan,

Unfortunately it seems like this won't quite meet their needs. The desire is for a person to sign up for a class and get a welcome message and a reminder message before the class which is already possible. Then, the desire is for the system to automatically send follow up emails 1 month after the class, then 6 months, then 1 year then 2 years without any user interaction to trigger them.

Unfortunately, the integration causes the reference date to be the date of registration, NOT the date of the class which throws the timing off enough that the goal becomes impossible. Someone registering for the class a year (or even a few months) in advance could be getting emails referencing the class he supposedly finished but in reality hasn't actually taken, yet.

The real solution is for an expansion of the feature within the Events Booking component itself. We can certainly pay, but I understand if you don't have the time. Regardless, your support is always top notch, and I appreciate it!

More
7 years 8 months ago #84738 by Calum
Replied by Calum on topic Expansion of Automated/Reminder Emails
If you have the right AcyMailer version it lets you send to a list in two ways. You can do some campaign marketing where you say 'automatically email this person 10days after they doing the list' but as you say that means they the start point is registration rather than the event date. But you can also send an email to a list at any date and time set in advance. It would be manually scheduled rather than driven from the event date. That probably depends how many events you have.

I haven't looked in the plugin code. If there is a onEvent rather rather onSubscribe type of trigger you could simply move the newsletter subscription code to onEvent so they are added to the ACY list when the event happens rather than when they subscribe. I don't know if EB has such a trigger.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #86131 by Tom
Hello,

I am using Event Booking with the Acymailing Plugin. It is a great way to automaticly generate a newsletter with the content of few "coming soon" events. It displays all event info, custom fields, etc. Great!!

But I encounter an issue, which is very basic in Joomla, but seams to not be compatible with Event Booking. :ohmy:

I am using Event Booking in 2 languages: Dutch and French. The site default language is Dutch. It is only possible to generate a newsletter in the default language. It is not possible to create newsletter campaigns in 2 languages?!

Everything in Acymailing translates fine, also all the Event Booking functions (like for example the "register as individual link", etc.)
But the actual content of the Event can only be loaded in the default language (title, description, etc.)

Acymailing support says it is not possible because of the way Event Booking handles translations.
Can you confirm? Will this be solved in the near future?

Link to topic on forum ACYmailing

Please help
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Tom. Reason: Forgot to edit subject for future reference

More
7 years 7 months ago #86726 by Paul Seyler
Replied by Paul Seyler on topic Expansion of Automated/Reminder Emails
I agree that this feature is much needed in this already excellent program. A starting point would be to do the following:
  1. Expand the registrant status field to include attendance values (attended, exam completed, etc.) In a prefect world the pick-list could be user edited and translated.
  2. Expand the available triggers to consider registrant status values (multi-select) and to be based on event date (negative numbers = Before event date, positive numbers = after event date). Use a flag to determine if a trigger is active.
  3. Expand the list of email messages to include one for each trigger. The UI could include a single email editor window, with a pick-list to link to the message to the appropriate trigger. It could also include a multi-select pick-list to associate the message with one or more
  4. Expand the email creation interface for all messages to include ALL of the fields in the event and registrant records using the standard [FIELD_NAME] notation.
  5. Expand the email message overrides for individual events to match the master emails and messages. Ideally this would include a feature to copy one of the master emails as a starting point.

We could accomplish a lot if we just did #1 and expanded the available status values. Then the export could be filtered by event and status to produce an attendance list.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc