EB Deposit - Display Deposit earlier in checkout

• marktalbot
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago #47519 by marktalbot
Hello Tuan
I have a client who has enabled the Event Booking deposit feature. While it works mostly as we need it to, many users complain that the deposit feature is vague and confusing because it is revealed so late in the checkout process. This is very bad from a UX (User eXperience) standpoint, :( and because of this we get a higher than desired shopping cart abandonment rate.

This feedback comes from both a usability study, and direct questioning of users who often end up calling instead of registering online because they think they have to pay the full amount. While I can address this with customized messaging in the Event Description areas, it would be better if data could be included in the Event Properties Table.

Please see my screenshot and let me know if this is something you would consider for future releases.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #61665 by Alex
Hello Tuan, Mark,

This is exactly what I need - displaying the deposit amount in the Event Details, like in your picture.
Did you achieve any progress on that?

All the best,
Alex

More
8 years 11 months ago #61668 by Alex
Looks, like I did it:

====
if ($this->config->activate_deposit_feature && $item->deposit_amount)
{
?>
<tr>
<td>
<strong><?php echo JText::_('EB_DEPOSIT_AMOUNT'); ?></strong>
</td>
<td>
<?php echo EventbookingHelper::formatCurrency($item->deposit_amount, $this->config, $item->currency_symbol) ;?>
</td>
</tr>
<?php
}

====
In components/com_eventbooking/views/event/tmpl

I am not a developer, so please let me know if you find that this modification is going to crash my website at one point ;)

More
8 years 11 months ago #61669 by Alex
Sorry:
if ($this->config->activate_deposit_feature && $item->deposit_amount > 0)

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc