sale prices?

More
9 years 7 months ago #49601 by mark
sale prices? was created by mark
This might be a reallllly dumb question, but I can't seem to find the spot in eshop to list something as on "sale"
I thought it had something to do with the "discount" tab within my specific product, but that doesn't seem to work.

Is the only way to put something on sale is to change the actual price? Theres no way to let people know its a sale?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 7 months ago #49608 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic sale prices?
Hello Mark,

The product price under the data tab should be considered as actual price. Sale price will be calculated based on product price and tax.

The Discount tab will be used for discounting in the case customer purchase multiple products.

The Special tab will be used to setup the special prices for different customer groups.

I hope that my answers will help.
Sincerely, Giang

More
9 years 7 months ago #49621 by mark
Replied by mark on topic sale prices?
Thank you for clarifying! That does make sense...

However, what I was asking about was a way of showing items that are on "sale". By on sale, I mean where there is a special discount for a limited time. I tried another shopping component previously that actually would put a strike through the normal retail price, and put the new discounted price beside it. It also watermarked the images with a red "sale" ribbon.

Is that feature available? If not that's ok, I really like your eshop the best! But that was a feature I really enjoyed using on certain products.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 7 months ago #49749 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hello Mark,
That is no problem. The feature that you required supported by EShop. You can set it up in the Special tab of product. You can specify the price for different customer groups or for default customer group of EShop, then the price will show as the way that you want.
Please read the documentation for that here: eshopdocs.joomservices.com/catalog/produ...h2-6-product-special
Let try and let me know the results. If you are confused with that, I will help you.
Hope to hear back from you soon.
Sincerely, Giang

More
9 years 6 months ago #49761 by mark
I assumed that is how it would work, but for some reason when I follow your instructions I never see the special pricing show up..

I tried with the default user group, then I even created another group to test and it doesnt work either?
Is there an toggle option somewhere I need to activate it?

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 6 months ago #49762 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hi again Mark,
Please go to EShop->System->Configuration, Under Options tab, at Customer group, please make sure that you have already chosen Default customer group there.
Please try again and let me know the results.
If it still not work, please submit a ticket to Eshop category to send me the back-end log-in account to your site so I can help you to check.
Hope to hear back from you soon.
Sincerely, Giang

More
9 years 6 months ago #49763 by mark
thats what I was looking for! FANTASTIC thanks!

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 6 months ago #49764 by Giang Dinh Truong
No problem at all.
Don't hesitate to let me know if you need any more helps in the future.
Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong