I need price including tax.

More
8 years 5 months ago #69861 by Nygllhuw
Replied by Nygllhuw on topic I need price including tax.
Hi Giang, we are currently building another shop with EShop, but this issue has definitely halted our development. Your current system only allows the ADDITION of tax TO item prices. If you have an International shop, but want the cart/invoices to reflect tax at a national level (in our case New Zealand Goods and Services Tax 15%), you have nothing in place to allow either calculation of these figures (full price, price excluding tax, and tax portion) or inputting these figures in the item forms for prior calculation (like Virtuemart, for instance). International customers do not require this breakdown, but national customers do. We are not the only country to have this issue, we legally have to put full prices in our online shops, but we also have an obligation to show the breakdown at cart/invoice level to our national customers. I see many of your other clients on the forum have this issue? Could you propose a work around for us? Maybe a javascript (backend or cart) that allows these figures as variables? Or preferable to this, an option in the item form takes the full price and applies a tax rate to break down the variables for us? Then they can be echoed in the template as needed. I would greatly appreciate help on this issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #69977 by David
Replied by David on topic I need price including tax.
Hi Giang,

You can see the problem now I have been telling you about.

In the backend you need to be able to enter a price which already includes VAT (not enter a price without VAT, where a VAT % is then added on top). For eshop to make correct calculations and to function without problems (for European users) then retail prices (prices with taxes) must be whole numbers. At the moment, prices with VAT are not whole numbers and this causes real issues.

I have seen several people complain about this, and still we are waiting for a solution. Please understand Giang, if you do not fix this there will be a lot of unhappy people from Europe as your shop grows.

I am happy to try help you on this - just please let me know.

BR

More
8 years 5 months ago #69980 by David
Hi Nygllhuw,

Actually you are right - the problem is not just for European users as I read in your message. Please let me explain where the problem is from my side and see if you agree. We really need to help Giang find a solution here as this will end in a big mess for eshop if it is not sorted (and be a major headache for shop owners).

The problem
With eshop, you can only enter a net price (price without VAT). It then automatically adds a % for VAT which you set, for those requiring "prices with VAT". This is not really correct and causes several problems:

1. Firstly the administrator has to check what "net price" to enter in order to arrive at the correct "price with VAT". Big hassle and very time consuming.

2. The "prices with VAT" are not whole numbers, so instead of 25 EUR exactly (price with VAT) it is maybe 25,0093237423593 etc. The system actually adds 12 decimal places. When the shop then adds up several products, the final total is then not always correct. So 3 x 25 = 75, but the shop will display 75,01 for example.

3. Due to the problem above, this has a knock on effect on the coupon system and payment plugins etc where hacks have to be written to make sure "order confirmations" are sent and the "coupon system" works correctly. When order totals from one component do not match that from another component, then you have issues. I am working now with these hacks in place for my shops, but it really is not an ideal solution.

How taxes should work
This problem could be sorted easily I believe. Every other shop software I know (Hikashop is a good example), you can enter either the "price without VAT" or the "price with VAT". This ensures your prices you want to work with are always round numbers, whether you display "prices without VAT" or "prices with VAT".

Sorry - a little long. Hopefully this helps explain what needs to be done from my side, and you may want to add to that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nygllhuw

More
8 years 5 months ago #70007 by Nygllhuw
Replied by Nygllhuw on topic I need price including tax.
Hi David, we're in exactly the same boat. I have temporarily got around this by turning off taxes completely, taking the the total_price variable and scripting a maths function around this to reflect the GST included and then echoed it to the checkout. I obviously would have preferred not to do this, as updates to the shop will mean re-inserting the function. The correct way to do this is seen in Virtuemart, where you can select tax inclusive or exclusive, and set a tax percentage. EShops weight shipping array is excellent, however, so we're sticking with it. :)

More
8 years 5 months ago #70030 by David
Hi Nygllhuw,

Well to be honest I think there are a lot of others out there who have just not realised the problems which this taxation issue is causing. I spent months building my shops and had time to fully test, which is where I saw these problems cropping up. There is no question about it - this issue will need to be solved at some point soon as not everyone is so happy implementing core hacks. I think the problem is the eshop team do not really understand the "taxation system" from a B2B and B2C persepective, and whether you are selling nationally or iternationally.

I will try and bring this back to the table with Giang and see if somehow we can work together to fix this issue. It is in all our interests to strengthen eshop, so hopefully we find a way.

More
8 years 5 months ago #70592 by David
Hi Giang,

Is there any update on this ticket from your end? Will you be able to provide a solution to the issue with taxes and eshop in the future?
Thanks

More
8 years 5 months ago #70705 by Mikkel
Replied by Mikkel on topic I need price including tax.
It should be possible to show all products with included tax, global on the site.
In whole europe, you must include all prices with taxes included, else it's against the law.

More
8 years 4 months ago #71246 by Jacquie
Replied by Jacquie on topic I need price including tax.
I too have had this issue for Australian Laws and Regulations.
I have emailed with samples and screen captures and today I have submitted a ticket.
The on-line documentation that Giang has included in a link does not represent what I see as there must have been some updates??

For Location I am unable to select "All Zones" which seems to be the case for other countries (not sure if it is relevant to the tax issue)

Also do not have the option to select "Display Prices with taxes' as per eshopdocs.joomservices.com/system/tax-ra...3-steps-to-setup-tax also again not sure if this is relevant to the tax issue.

I have thought that if we could remove the second price under the Product price and using the language override swap
EX_TAX for GST Inc (as per Australian tax reference).

Would also need to do something on the Invoice as I don't want to have to manually send an invoice to clients.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 4 months ago #71576 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic I need price including tax.
I have already helped Jacquie to config and show the tax properly.
Sincerely, Giang

More
8 years 3 months ago #72495 by Christian Teuber
Replied by Christian Teuber on topic I need price including tax.
What´s going on with this issue, I really like to purchase Eshop, but this is really a problem for me as a german company which want´s to run a b2b (prices without VAT) and b2c (prices including VAT) shop!

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong