Customers missing opertunity to enter coupon code

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #48994 by john
I am being a bit concerned in regards to Checkout and Coupon Codes - Is there a way to force users to see shopping cart before the check out process starts - because many shoppers - I know I would - miss the place to enter coupon code as I would select check out in the pop up window -

or is there a way to add bold text that says - IF YOU HAVE COUPON CODE - THEN SELECT SHOPPING CART TO ENTER COUPON -
as in most shops one would expect to see that option in the Check Out processing - just worried that customers will not realize this - they have to select Shopping Cart to enter Coupon code there - Also if customer selects checkout then he also looses on the opportunity to change the Count or number of items - to me it seems very basic to redirect to the cart first - as eShop does not have a quantity box on short description view like many other online shops have so customer can set quantity to 3 and then hit add to cart -
not all customers are going to click on detailed product link to see the quantity box -

please advice - shop coming live soon
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by john.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 7 months ago #49084 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Customers missing opertunity to enter coupon code
Hi again John,

1. You are right. Currently EShop only allows customer to enter the coupon code at shopping cart page. The message in the pop out can be changed to add the notice text there. Please go to EShop->System->Translation and search by ESHOP_ADD_TO_CART_SUCCESS_MESSAGE, you should be able to change the value there.

2. Since version 1.3.1, EShop allow you to enter quantity of product from the products list. You can see it here: eshop.joomdonation.org/cameras/digital-cameras.html . So please update EShop.

If you need any more helps, please don't hesitate to let me know.
Sincerely, Giang
The following user(s) said Thank You: john

More
9 years 7 months ago #49196 by john
I tried adding more text to ESHOP_ADD_TO_CART_SUCCESS_MESSAGE - and I can add few characters with no formatting -

I can also can add more formatted text and it shows fine in Admin section - but once I add more un-formatted text or formatted text - then all text disappears in the pop up box -

I feel I really need something - putting bold color text in the box will help for now - although I think the real solution is to redirect to chart before checkout -

please advice

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 7 months ago #49209 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Customers missing opertunity to enter coupon code
Hello John,
What do you mean for un-formatted text? You should use html tag there. If it still not work, please submit a new ticket to EShop category to send me the your site information and the message that you want to have so I can help you.
Sincerely, Giang

More
9 years 7 months ago #49213 by john
this is the param - see below - so the first part "You have added" I say is UN-formatted - just in the sense it has no Bold or Underlined or Color tags -
I can add say bold and color tag around that text and it shows correctly formatted in the admin panel - but when I do that no text shows up in pop up box - I just feel I need to have bold and colored text in the pop up box for customers with Coupon code as otherwise they will miss where to enter the code as they tend to want to select checkout and expecting to be able to enter code there - which they will not -

You have added <a href='%s'>%s</a> to your <a href='%s'>Shopping Cart</a>!<br /><a style='cursor: pointer;' on-click='%s'>Continue Shopping</a> -or- <a href='%s'>Checkout</a>

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 7 months ago #49293 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hello John,

You can add the html code as well as the style to the message. You can add more text to it as the way you want by using
tag. Please try that.

I have also replied your ticket too.
Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong