Product navigation

• Woony Danny
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 6 months ago #35666 by Woony Danny
Product navigation was created by Woony Danny
When you are viewing a product it is currently difficult to navigate to another product.

The joomla breadcrumbs are not showing the depth of where you are. it just says 'Shop' when it should be showing where you are in the shop.

for example:
Shop > Category 1 > product 1

Also would be good to have links on the product page to return to category view or go to another product or something so that a person browsing has somewhere to go rather than be at a dead end.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #45177 by Andrea Baldoni
Replied by Andrea Baldoni on topic Product navigation
hi, with last version there are products and categories navigation but is it possibile use also the standard joomla breadcrumb? i mean use the joomla breadcrumb which follows the eshop tree categories without create joomla items menu. tx

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 10 months ago #45433 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Product navigation
Hi all,
Yes, you can use breadcrumb module in Joomla. EShop handles that too.
EShop also have products and categories navigation to allow customer to move to next/previous category/product easily.
Sincerely, Giang

More
8 years 11 months ago #60505 by PLP
Replied by PLP on topic Product navigation
Is there a way to hide the eshop categories from displaying in the Joomla breadcrumbs? I'm having an issue where I setup a few menus to navigate to my products but now the breadcrumbs display the joomla menu categories AND the eshop categories, essentially showing the category chain twice.Thanks!

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 11 months ago #60546 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Product navigation
Hello Lauren,

If you add the menu items to link to category page of EShop, then eshop category will appear in the breadcrumbs module of Joomla. This is the way that breadcrumbs module of Joomla works, there is no way to hide EShop category from that module.

Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong