All questions about EDocman extension

eDocman sort order of documents in back component

• Bob Raikes
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #75653 by Bob Raikes
It is frustrating that eDocman does not remember the sort order of the document listing on the back end. My documents are nearly always sorted by id descending, but eDocman does not remember when I set this, so I have to set it each time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mr. Dam
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 2 months ago #75703 by Mr. Dam
Hi Bob,
To solve the issue, pleae follow these steps:
1. Open file:

root > administrator > components > com_edocman > model > documents.php

2. Find
Code:
$this->state->insert('filter_category_id', 'int', $app->getUserStateFromRequest($context . 'filter_category_id', 'filter_category_id', 0, 'int')) ->insert('function', 'string', 'jSelectEdocman') ->insert('filter_published', 'string', $app->getUserStateFromRequest($context . 'filter_published', 'filter_published', '', 'string'));

and change to:
Code:
$this->state->insert('filter_category_id', 'int', $app->getUserStateFromRequest($context . 'filter_category_id', 'filter_category_id', 0, 'int')) ->insert('function', 'string', 'jSelectEdocman') ->insert('filter_published', 'string', $app->getUserStateFromRequest($context . 'filter_published', 'filter_published', '', 'string')) ->insert('filter_order_Dir', 'word', 'ASC');

Good luck
Dam

• Bob Raikes
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #75722 by Bob Raikes
Replied by Bob Raikes on topic eDocman sort order of documents in back component
Made the change, but no difference. Access group settings and state selector retained, but not sort order. :(

• Mr. Dam
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 2 months ago #75723 by Mr. Dam
Hi Bob,
You can submit ticket and send your site url with super admin account. I will check and solve the issue for you.
Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Mr. Dam