All questions about EDocman extension

Auto add documents to eDocman from folder

• Jip Jonker
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #65475 by Jip Jonker
Auto add documents to eDocman from folder was created by Jip Jonker
Hi! We are thinking about creating some PDF's weekly on a website via a cronjob. These PDF's will be automatically added to a folder of the website (on the server).

Would it be possible to use eDocman to 'watch' this folder and sync the files to eDocman automatically? Maybe with some preset title (filename) and a default category?

Kind regards,
Jip

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #65533 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Auto add documents to eDocman from folder
Hi

Unfortunately, the extension doesn't support this feature at the moment. we will consider adding support for it. However, it will take time (from 2 to 4 weeks) to have this feature implemented into the extension

Regards,

Tuan

• Jip Jonker
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #65934 by Jip Jonker
Replied by Jip Jonker on topic Auto add documents to eDocman from folder
Hi Tuan,
Great that you are considering this as a (new) feature. It would be nice to have these in two 'versions':

1. A one-time 'import' of existing files in a folder to eDocman. Just to get a new category started with new documents. Or is this already possible?
2. A continuously watched folder option: When files are added, renamed or removed from a specific folder the eDocman component will show these files 'on the fly'. So there is actually no document 'management' in the back-end, just some basic settings that apply to all documents. Maybe this needs te be some kind of 'auto' category.

Just some thoughts... ;)

Kind regards,
Jip.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Jip Jonker.

More
8 years 9 months ago #66220 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Have the plugin implemented. I think it will work well if you use herachical folder structure so that the system can only detect category of the file automatically

Will try to document it on tomorrow. It is too late here now !

Tuan

• Jip Jonker
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #66262 by Jip Jonker
Replied by Jip Jonker on topic Auto add documents to eDocman from folder
Hi Tuan,

Great! This means we would be able to let someone just upload a file to a specific directory and it will be added to eDocman. Great feature. Will this plugin be available in a next release?

Kind regards,
Jip

More
8 years 9 months ago #66285 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
It is now available in version 1.7.0 which you can download from My Downloads section. I made a topic to guide how to use it with sample joomdonation.com/forum/edocman/48439-edo...o-import-plugin.html . You can read it, understand how it works before using the feature

Tuan

More
7 years 9 months ago #83843 by Mike
Hi Dam,
I too would like to use this plugin, but cannot find it in my installation.
I am using eDocman Ver 1.7.5 on Joomla 3.5.1.
I can find a plugin called "Edocman - Import", but the description is: "This plugin check and send reminder emails to registrants automatically", so I dont think this is the correct one.

Also....
is it possible to have the system read documents from a folder which is NOT in the eDocman directory, then import the files into the eDocman relevant folder.
For example, I have files scanned into a folder (NOT one of the eDocman folders), by a different component, and I would like to use eDocman to view these.
I could always write a CRON script to copy them to one of the eDocman folders, but this seems a little messy.

thanks,
Mike

.....and society inscribe on its banners...

Moderators: Mr. Dam