All questions about EDocman extension

Author Field

• Denise
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #49767 by Denise
Author Field was created by Denise
I have recently purchased EDocman and would like to know if there is anyway to add another field. I would like to have an Author field that would be filled in by the user who is uploading the file and then displayed on the front-end, maybe just under the document title. I would have thought this would be a common thing to want but after searching the forum I can't find anything about it.

It would also be great to be able to search by author. I thought these options were available but I must have been looking at another plug-in.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #49849 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Author Field
Hi Denise

We only store ID of the author (who uploaded the document), however, we don't display it in the front-end.

If you want, you can :

1. Submit a support ticket sending us admin and FTP account of your site.

2. Let us know where you want to display the data (send me the link to the pages)

We will edit the code to make it works for you

Regards,

Tuan

• Denise
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #49872 by Denise
Replied by Denise on topic Author Field
Hi

I don't have access via ftp at the moment. Is there anyway you could make the necessary changes to the code and send them to me? Or tell me how to make the changes myself??

Thanks

More
9 years 6 months ago #49883 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
That's OK. However, please send me the link to the page which you want to display the data so that I can edit the code and send it to you

Tuan

• Denise
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #49887 by Denise
Thanks

Here is the link to one of the pages, it is showing one category. I have other pages showing different categories as well that can only be seen by registered users. I would like to be able to add and show an author something like this image, .

If possible I would also like to be able to search by Author (I have the search on another page but just realised I haven't added it to this page yet)?

Thanks a lot for your help
Denise

Edit: When I read through the previous posts, I just realised something else I would like the author as a new field if possible, the person uploading the file may not necessarily be the author of the document.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Denise.

More
9 years 6 months ago #49934 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Denise

If you want Author as as new field and want to add the sort by author option, we will have to modify code in several places and I am sorry but we will need to charge you as a custom work for doing that. Please note that modifying code to meet customer need is not in scope of our support.

So if the modification request is small (for example) - takes us less than 15 minutes to do it, we will do it for you for free. However, if it takes us more than one hour (in this case, I think it will take us 2 hours for doing the modification), we will need to charge you for doing the customization.

So :

1. If you just want to show the author name (the user who uploaded document) - without sorting option, we will do it for you for free as promised.

2. If you want to add new field, add a new sorting option and showing it in the page, we will have to ask you for 30$ for doing the modification.

Please let me know your decision

Tuan

• Denise
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #50038 by Denise
Sorry to take so long to get back to you but I am still trying to decide whether to keep using this plug in or try another one. I am trying to set everything up to check if this the only problem.

I have a users menu set-up for registered members, I have Submit an Article and Submit a Weblink and I would like to add Submit a Document but there doesn't seem to be a Menu Type for that. I can use a URL but that takes me to the backend. How can I add this to my menu? It would work the same as the upload link but they could choose the category.

Also if I agree to the option to pay you to make the changes for the author field would I then be able to search for documents using that authors name?

Thanks
Denise

More
9 years 6 months ago #50075 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Denise

You can create a submit document link. See the screenshot at

awesomescreenshot.com/0383jzqc7b

Also if I agree to the option to pay you to make the changes for the author field would I then be able to search for documents using that authors name?

=> Yes, you can.

Regards,

Tuan

• Denise
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 6 months ago #50081 by Denise
Hi
I think it is because I am using a different version of Joomla. This is what I get when I try to add a new menu item:

As you can see I don't have a upload document option.

More
9 years 6 months ago #50082 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Seems you are using an old version of EDocman. Updating to latest version should solve the issue

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. Dam