All questions about EDocman extension

To get the Recent Document and Latest Download

• Rushi Bhatt
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #42914 by Rushi Bhatt
Hi ,
This is rushi here and I am using E-Docman on my website.
Just want to ask you one question I want to customize Latest Download and Most Recent section on Edoman on my Documentation Hompage.
demos.wishtreetech.com/openwonderland/in...hp/c-modulewarehouse

Now the data is statically coming from HTML .
How can i get data Dynamically.
Means If user upload new Document then the Most Recent become changed to that one .

Thanx in Advance.
It will be very useful if i can get the quick Reply....

And also one more thing I am not able to use Jcomment on the whole E-docman Section .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #42954 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic To get the Recent Document and Latest Download
Hi

You can try to use EDocman documents module in this case. However, the layout of that module doesn't look like the one you are using, so I think you will need to customize that module if you want to use it.

If you don't know programming, maybe you can consider hiring our dev to customize it for you. It will cost you 40$ and take us one day for this development.

Regards,

Tuan

• Rushi Bhatt
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #42965 by Rushi Bhatt
Replied by Rushi Bhatt on topic To get the Recent Document and Latest Download
Thank you for the quick response.
I have managed to get the data from the database but can you please help me to solve the Jcomment Issue ?
Why it is not working with the Edocman ?

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #42997 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic To get the Recent Document and Latest Download
Hi

EDocman doesn't has any plugin to integrate with JComments, so I don't think EDocman can work with JComments. If JComments has anything to integrate with EDocman, maybe you should contact them and ask them for support that.

Regards,

Tuan

• Rushi Bhatt
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 3 weeks ago #43269 by Rushi Bhatt
Hi Tuan,
I am not able to get the perfect solution for jcomment and Rating into my site .
As per your site description I have replaced Docman with Edocman but at the end i am not getting the result what i want.
So are you able to integrate Jcomment and the rating system with my new migrated site.

The current website look is like below :
demos.wishtreetech.com/openwonderland/in...volver-avatar-loader

And the original website which is in Joomla 1.5 and works with the Docman is like this
openwonderland.org/download/modules/doc_...&Itemid=87&Itemid=87

Please reply me as soon as possible.
I am ready to give you all the information you want . and please tell your development fee for the above task.
I just want rating and Jcomment working on my site and the old comments from Docman.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #43292 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Rushi

I haven't looked at JComment recently. Could you please confirm that JComments support rating and comment for third party extension ? Could you please try to ask them for document about how to integrate JComments with third party extension so that I can look at it to see whether we can integrate it with EDocman for you ?

Regards,

Tuan

• Rushi Bhatt
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 2 weeks ago #43356 by Rushi Bhatt
Hi Tuan,
I searched on the Jcomment site they have the step to integrate 3rd party extensions.
The steps are mention in the below link.
www.joomlatune.com/jcomments-developers-manual.html

We can easily integrate it with out Edocman but I am not able to integrate it . I have followed all the steps but no effect on it.
and it will also not giving any errors. And if i am not wrong then Edocman sql table have the column named rating in it .
So i think we have a database entry so why we are not able to get rating in it ?
Do you have any idea why the table of rating is there in the Edocman documents table ?

More
9 years 7 months ago #48878 by davewee
Is a jcomments plugin now available? 1.5.7 has the 'JComment Integration ' checkbox and it says it is available in the advertising, but it does not work.

More
9 years 7 months ago #48908 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Dave

It was removed in 1.5.7 by accident and I haven't had a chance to add it back to the core yet. Please submit a support ticket sending us admin and FTP account of your site.

I am going to add the code to add JComments integration back for you.

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. Dam